RSVP Regal Princess Feb 8-15, 2015

Boytjie

I sent you an Email to register for the CC Meet & Greet. I attended last year on the Divina and it was a nice way to meet people.

I got it, Gio. :)

If you have not RSVPed yet, send me an email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com providing me with you Cruise Critic id, names of the people that will attend and your cabin number(s). (The cabin numbers are helpful in case the location changes at the last minute.

The meet and greet will be at Noon on Tuesday, the 10th, in Crooners Lounge & Bar on Deck 7/Promenade.

4b_crooner2-495x368.jpg

I have heard from the following about attending:

• boston man
  • bradpole
  • dantobey
  • darrell6t
  • digitalshawn
  • gigand
  • gio1967
  • MightySailinMan
  • mikeandron
  • patblamo
  • pjfunny1
  • RDUCruisers
  • STRSSD
  • Travler3824

If I missed your email or you have not responded yet please let me know by February 1st so I can print name tags and let them know how many people to expect.

send me an email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com providing me with you Cruise Critic id, names of the people that will attend and your cabin number(s). (The cabin numbers are helpful in case the location changes at the last minute).

I've been looking at the shore excursions and following the Roll Call loosely for chatter about who is taking what excursions or thinking of what excursions but its been kind of quiet on this topic. I have plans to visit the ruins in Cozumel anyone else looking at activities off the ship or is it more likely that all the fun and action will take place on board and most don't leave at the ports?

But I am a cheerleader for them. They are just so much more fun than any ordinary cruise I have ever been on, and I have been on many of both types. I enjoy an ordinary cruise, but it is a completely different experience than RSVP and Atlantis.

Wow, I have been on a few ordinary cruises and enjoyed myself. Now my expectations have been raised :D I am so pumped about the RSVP experience and getting more excited by the day. In what ways is it different other than an entire ship of LGBTQ and friends? Any tips or suggestions on how a solo traveler can make the best of this first time experience?

This roll call have not been as active as previous years and part of it may be because web sites like Facebook may be taking away traffic; more people are on Facebook that on Cruise Critic. There are more than one Facebook group going but even there I have not seen all that much discussion about excursions.

In Grand Cayman we are doing a Stingray City and beach excursion arranged through our travel agent and I have not commiteed to going scuba diving in Cozumel but will most likely do that again.

In my experience RSVP cruisers are very much into getting off the ships and going on excursions and there are some that prefer to stay on board to enjoy the quiet and empty ship - one of our friends does this a lot. I can't see myself staying onboard! I have fun just walking around and exploring different places. We have been to San Juan a couple of times but I will still get off the ship when it stops there again.

An RSVP cruise is nothing like a regular cruise. It being a charter with the ship full of people with something in common (other than just being on a ship) makes it a much friendlier and more relaxed environment IMO. If you look at it from the crew's perspective, they love our cruises because they say we are much friendlier, don't complain a lot, are all ready to have fun and we treat them with respect. Oh, and even though they work their butts off that week (whether selling booze or working in the spa) they make a lot of money and we tip well.

There is very little attitude on the ship (not that it is never found!) and people are very friendly and will talk to just about anyone. You can find a twink chatting with an octogenarian just as you can find a doctor chatting with a truck driver. I always joke that you can make friends during an elevator ride. And people are constantly greeting each other, complete strangers!

They do try to get single travelers get to know each other through events such as cocktail parties or arrange a place to meet before dinner if they want to eat together. We have single friends that have attended them with varying degrees of success.

You have a connection with some people onboard already - the Cruise Critic group - but I have a feeling by the time we meet on the second day you will have met a lot of new people. Just chat to anyone you see; once in a while you will get a negative reaction but don't fret about it. There have the odd person that I have seen on the ship and that I greeted only to get a brush-off or get ignored and I feel like saying: "I am just saying hi, not asking to #@%&". I don't let them get to me.

Boytjie has summed up the main difference very well. As to excursions, many people will get off the ship but with many doing their own thing rather than the ship's. In our case there doesn't seem to be anything on the list that is appealing in Cozumel. Don't want a boat ride, or time at the beach, or some sort of activity involving a bathing suit. We will probably hire a taxi for an hour, or just wander about the town. And I have seen enough of Grand Cayman in the past and may not even bother with the tender ride to see the over-crowded streets there. It is not a favorite place. The great fun of a Caribbean all-gay cruise is no longer the ports after as many cruises as we have been on. I will say to forget the submarine ride there as what you see is almost nothing of interest and much of the coral seems dead. The sting ray thing was interesting, but the wind, and eventually rain, on our excursion that day cut the adventure short, as well as a bit bumpy.

Our excursions are:

Princess Cays - maybe Clamshell Covered Chairs (we are waitlisted, waited too late)

Cozumel - Coba Maya Ruins - Princess:CZM-320

Grand Cayman - rented cabana for 4 on "private" beach (Royal Palms)

I usually do a lot of research and create my own excursions but this year the offerings seem somewhat reasonably priced and interesting!

Edited by patblamo

I've been looking at the shore excursions and following the Roll Call loosely for chatter about who is taking what excursions or thinking of what excursions but its been kind of quiet on this topic. I have plans to visit the ruins in Cozumel anyone else looking at activities off the ship or is it more likely that all the fun and action will take place on board and most don't leave at the ports?

I like to get off the ship to explore! I signed up for Tulum Mayan Ruins tour in Cozumel. I'll wing it at the other ports -- probably take a taxi tour and then return to the ship.

In Grand Cayman we are doing a Stingray City excursion through our travel agent and have not committed to anything in Cozumel; I may go scuba diving. Princess Cays is just a beach day.

It is 15°F/-9°C in New York today. Time for beach weather! jetBlue, take me away!

Happy to report that it is in the 70s here in Fort Lauderdale today. On sail away day next Sunday it will be about 75, partly cloudy and only a 10% chance of rain. Looks like the weather at our destinations will also be nice that week and temps in the upper 70s and 80s. Woo Hoo!

I want to print the name tags by Tuesday night, so to RSVP for the meet-and-greet send me an email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com providing me with you Cruise Critic id, names of the people that will attend and your cabin number(s). (The cabin numbers are helpful in case the location changes at the last minute.

The meet and greet will be at Noon on Tuesday, the 10th, in Crooners Lounge & Bar on Deck 7/Promenade.

(If you miss the cut-off Tuesday, I will have blank name tags for people to write one)

I want to print the name tags by Tuesday night, so to RSVP for the meet-and-greet send me an email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com providing me with you Cruise Critic id, names of the people that will attend and your cabin number(s). (The cabin numbers are helpful in case the location changes at the last minute.

(If you miss the cut-off Tuesday, I will have blank name tags for people to write one)

Thank you for doing this. We are looking forward to the M&G. And to getting out of this cold weather. No snow predicted to cause flight problems for us, unlike last year on our way to the Divina.

Packed for this adventure. Sealed the beast and weighed in 35 lbs. Good to go.

Extra day in Ft Laud and plan to see stuff. You know, stuff. Big geek here so the sci museum will get a visit.

Also have excursions picked.

The Cays its a glass bottom boat ... I seem to always find bottoms. :-)

Cozumel it is off to the Coba Maya Ruins.

Grand Cayman it is Stingrays baby.

And there will also be time for rum.

Cya soon,

M

I hope the ship, the crew and service have been great for all onboard.

Hope it has been better than the Divina last year.

As a Princess elite...I know I always was treated with respect....leaving me to feel like royalty....a Princess:D:D:D. Hey ya r what ya sail on:D

Enjoy the warmth.....the cold is heading south...even here in Florida....shrinkage factor....oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greeting from Cozumel (finally).

Having a good time (as always with RSVP). The ship and crew are great, food is good overall.

I am not so sure about the size yet; there are people onboard that I know and I have not seen them yet. I think it's a bit too big for me, for a gay cruise.

Peter,

Was the ship sold out? I know they had a hard time selling on the first Princess charter back in 2007 and there were many rooms that went unsold or at a big discount. That was my first RSVP cruise and one of my favorites!

We are booked on the Regal in 2 weeks and that sailing is sold out. Just wondering how crowded the ship is. It will be great no matter what! Enjoy the trip! Tell Richard hey!;)