Alaska 4th of July

Looking at dates for an Alaska Cruise Tour next year (2015). Does anyone know if the ships are close enough to land to see fireworks on the 4th? I was looking at the itinerary and the Sun is scheduled for Ketchikan until 8pm on July 4 2015. Do the NCL ships do anything special for the 4th?

Thanks

I was on the Sun for my first Alaskan trip. It is pretty light at the "usual mainland" fireworks time and I am guessing you will be pretty far from the town to see much. That said, I was in Juneau on the 4th and they tend to celebrate with much more gusto than we do. We discovered that it is like working on Christmas and many tour groups close their doors early for parades and local celebrations, so be prepared. We were sweating it getting to the ship on time because of traffic jams and our driver was NOT happy to be working on a big holiday.

I was on the Sun for my first Alaskan trip. It is pretty light at the "usual mainland" fireworks time and I am guessing you will be pretty far from the town to see much. That said, I was in Juneau on the 4th and they tend to celebrate with much more gusto than we do. We discovered that it is like working on Christmas and many tour groups close their doors early for parades and local celebrations, so be prepared. We were sweating it getting to the ship on time because of traffic jams and our driver was NOT happy to be working on a big holiday.