Help with these three in FLL...

parttimr

Read a lot of reviews on here and Trip Advisor but would like to know from those that may have stayed in these specifically. We just need a pre and post cruise place to sleep for the most part and not in to spending large sums since we are sailing in Feb 2015 and would rather use it for the cruise. So of these three Best Western Oakland Park, Springhill Suites FLL Airport, or Sleep Inn Dania Beach. Thanks for any and all info since we would like to make the reservations soon.

Hi,

In dec of 2012 we stayed at the Sleep Inn, Dania Beach ....... I know that is over a year ago, but probably not much changed in that area - except the large supermarket Publix has moved to a new location ( according to some posts provided by some local posters).

I wrote a report of our stay there, so if you want please read my review, here is the link : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1753762

If Springhill Suites is the same price as the other two, grab it. That is where I recommend friends and family from out of town stay. (The ones that aren't so cheap that they are willing to sleep on an air mattress in my living room, anyway). Good size rooms with separate sleeping area, sitting area with sofa bed, and kitchenette with table. Internet free but not wireless, you plug into network cable on kitchen table. Plenty of breakfast choices but you do the nuking and toasting for yourself. Multiple fast food places on the same block, or a brisk walk to restaurants, BJs and K-Mart.

The Sleep Inn is a smaller property but on a quiet(er) side street rather than next to the interstate. Perfectly fine for one night, but should be priced at least $25 less than Springhill, wich is why I stongly recommend them if priced the same. The Best Western Oakland Park is much further away from the port and airport than the other two; don't even think about it unless priced so much lower that it is still cheaper when you figure two $30 cab rides into the budget.

Best Western is closest to good shopping and some cool local restaurants (Mason Jar, Hot & Soul, Kitchenetta) but it is the oldest (think old motel with outside entrances) and is the furthest from the port, about a $30 cab ride.

If Springhill Suites is the same price as the other two, grab it. That is where I recommend friends and family from out of town stay. (The ones that aren't so cheap that they are willing to sleep on an air mattress in my living room, anyway). Good size rooms with separate sleeping area, sitting area with sofa bed, and kitchenette with table. Internet free but not wireless, you plug into network cable on kitchen table. Plenty of breakfast choices but you do the nuking and toasting for yourself. Multiple fast food places on the same block, or a brisk walk to restaurants, BJs and K-Mart.

Have stayed at the Springhill Suites twice and booked again for next March. Totally agree it's a good place to stay.

Thanks for the responses. Springhill is the one we were leaning toward and sounds like the right choice. Being the busy season it's $123 and with the food choices close by it will work. Thanks again for the feedback.

Everywhere we looked it showed $299 but we went thru LMTclub and got it at that price. Regular last minute travel was approx $18.00 more for the two nights.

Edited by parttimr

Everywhere we looked it showed $299 but we went thru LMTclub and got it at that price. Regular last minute travel was approx $18.00 more for the two nights.

I just checked LMT club, logged in as a member, and for 4/3/15 they are showing $121 for the Springhill Suites:confused:.