Solstice Class Decor- Which is the prettiest?

stickey_mouse

The nicest passage to Ensemble lounge is on Solstice... It's black with a parade of ants crossing the floor and insects chirping.

On Reflection it's just plain gaudy even though other areas are nicely done.

I just love the "bug room" for its uniqueness.

The nicest passage to Ensemble lounge is on Solstice... It's black with a parade of ants crossing the floor and insects chirping.

On Reflection it's just plain gaudy even though other areas are nicely done. I just love the "bug room" for its uniqueness.

Only have been on the Solstice twice, but agree that the passage area is very, very nice. Unique, too!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 55,408 views for this fun posting.

Three things I liked on the Silhouette: The caged birds are classics (for those that have not seen them they are shown on little color screens like an iPhone);

2. The hallway leading from the Ensemble lounge into the specialty restauant area

3. The spectacular artwork on board especially the vases outside the main theater

Eclipse was OK but not notable

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

I was on the Equinox last October and the Eclipse this February, and to be honest, I cannot recall any differences. To my mind it was like being on the same ship twice.

I assume all the S Class ships are similarly decorated. However, in your opinion, which one(s) is the prettiest, and why?

Just to be clear, I'm asking which ship is the prettiest, not which specific decoration is. Thanks!

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Mercury..........an old ship that was in great condition but is now gone.

When we sailed on the Silhouette I thought my first reaction was that this was the prettiest ship I have ever seen (16 cruises). Then I recognized a lot of the artwork and realized that most if not all the artwork from Mercury had been transferred to the Silhouette so best of both worlds in my opinion..

All the S class ships are "pretty" but the decorations DO make a subtle difference in comparing the ships.

For what it's worth I will opine that the design of the Centrum on the S class ships was NOT a good idea with a continuum into the library, computer area, El Bacio, Martini bar, Gelateria and other public areas such as Guest Services that are always noisy and particularly when they decide to have the band play there at great volume

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

:) We were on Silhouette, and we docked in St. Maarten on a very busy day, with six ships in port ( RC INDY, Ruby Princess, an NCL ship, a Thompson ship, and Carnival Freedom).

What was very apparent from the shore as we walked back to the ship was that the Silhouette was by FAR the best looking ship (externally) of the entire group. It just seemed to have a more graceful and classy look.

Just the opinion of one person who has a rum punch fetish.:p

K

:) We were on Silhouette, and we docked in St. Maarten on a very busy day, with six ships in port ( RC INDY, Ruby Princess, an NCL ship, a Thompson ship, and Carnival Freedom).

What was very apparent from the shore as we walked back to the ship was that the Silhouette was by FAR the best looking ship (externally) of the entire group. It just seemed to have a more graceful and classy look.

I've only cruised on Disney before and had a similar experience. I absolutely love the classic look of the Disney ships. Though, to my knowledge, I don't think I've seen a Solstice-class ship in person.

• 2 weeks later...