Now what??? I'm lost!

jkudzu

Hi Ladies,

I have recently purchased both of these dresses for an event weekend coming up. Both have portrait collars. My problem? What jewelry and accessories should I wear with them? (I don't do long earrings) I included shoes that I purchased also. Thank you so much for your help!

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/browse/product.jsp?containerId=JCP|EMAIL&ppId=pp5003570900

20412244_blacksandals.jpg.8bdafaabb1c2dc76d1e39d8d1de86e7b.jpg

Belk.jpg.d6d8ff744151afedcd5c9b59c830781d.jpg

1454458125_blackshoe.jpg.ba2c61d6084831a97d8604b173822959.jpg

Edited by jkudzu

Hi.....I think both dresses are very pretty:) and to be honest, I like

both shoes too:D and would say wear whichever you like better.

As for jewels.......well, I also agree with the pearl suggestion and you

don't need a "long earring"....there are shorter dangles too. Or you could

go with a "classic pearl stud" if you feel more comfortable in that style.

I also think white metals would go really well with both dresses.....

example, a chain with a solitare style pendant and a stud earring..

I don't own diamonds but have a small dressy hoop by Swarsowki that

I think would go lovely with both dresses.

I agree, both dresses are lovely.:D

With the first one, I would wear either a diamond (or cubic zirconia) or pearl stud. I wouldn't wear a necklace because I think it would distract from the beautiful collar.

With the second one, I would wear exactly what the model in the photo is wearing...dangling earrings.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Yes, I do have pearls. Was afraid they might be too boring.

Haven't had any black dresses in a long time. Usually I go for color.

Will be looking for earrings that you all suggested.

Thanks again for the help.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Yes, I do have pearls. Was afraid they might be too boring.

Haven't had any black dresses in a long time. Usually I go for color.

Will be looking for earrings that you all suggested.

Thanks again for the help.

Hi:)....I guess it depends on the person....but in my opinon, pearls

are beautiful,:) not boring;)

If you wear a necklace, I would do something shorter so that it doesn't interfere with the neckline. Pearls or black crystal would both be pretty. Or a jewel tone. Emerald green in the right style could be good.

I'd love to try to get that one in my size. They don't have the other in my size. :(

I just love them both.

Thank you! I'm sorry. I bought the dress at Belk a few months ago and they don't have it anymore.

It's called Dana Kay Cap-Sleeved Sheath with Jewel Trim.

I did a search and found it in a gold top, wine top, and a white top. I hope you like one of these. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_031VA70980412P?srccode=cii_13736960&cpncode=32-351257505-2&sid=IDx20070921x00003d

Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm going to start looking for your suggestions and try on my pearls this weekend. :)

Edited by jkudzu

That lovely wide neck will frame your face beautifully, and I recommend considering wearing lovely earrings -- the longest you are willing to go with, but definitely something fabulous -- and then leave your neck, throat, collar bone exposed and unadorned. These are often a woman's greatest assets!

Thank you! I'm sorry. I bought the dress at Belk a few months ago and they don't have it anymore.

It's called Dana Kay Cap-Sleeved Sheath with Jewel Trim.

I did a search and found it in a gold top, wine top, and a white top. I hope you like one of these. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_031VA70980412P?srccode=cii_13736960&cpncode=32-351257505-2&sid=IDx20070921x00003d

Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm going to start looking for your suggestions and try on my pearls this weekend. :)

Thank you so much! I love it in both other colors. I think I'm getting both; they are on sale. I got the wine and gold.

Now I need help, lol! Pearls or something else with these? I can also do long earrings but I have longish hair and always feel like they get lost. I have 3 formal nights on my next cruise and I'm glad to get these. I hope it's not bad to have two of the same dress. Are they dressy enough for formal nights?

Kim

Edited by KBS1607

Hi:)....I guess it depends on the person....but in my opinon, pearls

are beautiful,:) not boring;)

You are right of course! It's just that the only person who ever wears them around here is me! Hmmm...maybe it's me that's boring. ;)

You are right of course! It's just that the only person who ever wears them around here is me! Hmmm...maybe it's me that's boring. ;)

You know pearls come in all kinds of colors these days:D...of course

there is classic white but now? There are black pearls, blue ones,

lavender as well..........I have some Keishi pearls in different colors

of purple......they are small and are very modern looking.....I really

love them:D........

I would never say you are boring:)

Thank you Lois!!!:) My pearls are the regular kind. A gift from my husband shortly after our first child was born (she's 34). When my now 30 year old son was 2, he yanked them off my neck in the grocery store. Luckily everyone helped me gather them up and we had them restrung and knotted in between. Never want that to happen again. I'll be on the lookout for colored pearls now. :D

Thank you Lois!!!:) My pearls are the regular kind. A gift from my husband shortly after our first child was born (she's 34). When my now 30 year old son was 2, he yanked them off my neck in the grocery store. Luckily everyone helped me gather them up and we had them restrung and knotted in between. Never want that to happen again. I'll be on the lookout for colored pearls now. :D

I am going to post a few photos...this necklace has blue pearls

and I own it:)

j267891.001?$uslarge$

I don't own this one but I own the same type of pearls......it is

definitely different than a "round strand of pearls";)

And mine are more of a lavender color.

j156234.001?$uslarge$

Edited by Lois R

I love those! Especially the blue. Thanks so much!

You are welcome:)...I got them at QVC:D....they have a great

selection of pearls:)

I love pearls, too, but often with a v-neckline, and for variety, I will add an enhancer. An enhancer is a jewel, another pearl, or a metal design that you clip over the pearl strand to dress it up. It also "weighs down" the strand a little to make it more v-shaped, like a pendant on a chain. I have a large multi-carat aquamarine enhancer that I inherited from my mother, and it looks stunning with pearls on formal night. If you google them you can find many styles and many pricepoints. Lots of enhancers come with matching earrings, too.