What was your lowest account balance at the end of a 6+ night cruise?

I tried like heck to have a zero balance in March on the Freedom. We had some obc but ended up with a balance of $.20 and by golly, it was charged to our Visa! Thankfully we were able to pay it off that month. :rolleyes: :D

Cathy

Seriously, disregarding any OBC how do you manage to have a zero balance. I could do with some of those tips :D

It is easy.... Pre-pay the gratuties and keep the Sea Pass in your pocket.

It is easy.... Pre-pay the gratuties and keep the Sea Pass in your pocket.

We always pre-pay gratuities and at least one speciality restaurant to try keep ahead of things. And if I kept the sea pass in my pocket then how would I send DH's hard earned cash on frozen cocktails and the occasional good bottle of wine. :D :p

My last cruise was in 1997. If RCL had a website back then, I knew nothing about it. So pre-paying for anything for me was unheard of. I also used cash for EVERYTHING.

I am looking forward to a much smaller bill as I do like to prepay for nearly everything on my vacations these days.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

Because of on-board credit, we've gotten money back, up to $90 on several occasions.

We pre-pay grats (or use OBC for them), don't drink, gamble or eat in specialty restaurants. We sometimes buy a picture or two and once in a great while something small from the shops.

We do go on excursions, but almost exclusively non-ship tours; often we find things to do on our own without a tour. We spend little on shore for souvenirs anymore, at most a few little things for grandkids or some small momento from a port we haven't been to before. Sometimes we grab a quick meal or snack on shore.

Our only other major expense is internet time to check with elderly parents back home. On Princess, we get plenty of free minutes, otherwise we buy a small package and keep messages brief.

$300. That was after we had used the $200 OBC we had to pay our $336 in gratuities. This was mostly spent on Patron which was $35 per bottle on the ship rather than the $50 it is in here in town, :D a mug my kids bought me with my money to thank me for taking them on the trip :), and just a couple of drinks we ordered.

Debbie

$7.07 last week on Freedom. We did have $250 OBC. That took care of two specialty restaurants, a couple of drinks, a gift shop purchase. Smallest bill I ever had.

Back when we were younger and could drink more and before there were free cocktails for D, D+ we used to get the looong scroll under the door that last night.

Now I try to book onboard for OBC, use a TA that gives me OBC and cash in points from my RCI Visa for more OBC.

Seriously, disregarding any OBC how do you manage to have a zero balance. I could do with some of those tips :D

I bring my own alcohol and miixers. Don't buy jewelry or way overpriced spa treatments. I usually only have tips on my bill.

I tried like heck to have a zero balance in March on the Freedom. We had some obc but ended up with a balance of $.20 and by golly, it was charged to our Visa! Thankfully we were able to pay it off that month. :rolleyes: :D

Cathy

yeah lol, not counting obc . like total spent. except gratuities.

yeah lol, not counting obc . like total spent. except gratuities.

We did have $200 obc. $100 was expected. Still not sure where the other $100 came from (RCCL couldn't tell me either). Our gratuities were prepaid as was my premium drink package and an in-cabin water package. The $200 obc was spent on my DH's 5-6 drinks throughout the cruise, a floating mat and umbrella in CocoCay, a couple of photos, some tee-shirts and extra tips for bartenders/servers. So if we were to add everything up, the drink package ($385), water package ($32) tips ($168) and the $200 obc, our seapass could have been $785. I sure liked having everything paid in advance and will do the same next March. I totally loved seeing a $.20 balance!

Cathy