Quick Review of Splendor 4/26-5/4

Karry, nobody gave us a hard time about the trays, it was more of hey, where did you get those trays? :)

Wish we were going with you. Three months Is such a long time to wait!!

Have a GREAT cruise!!!

Jamman, wish you and Patti were going too! We will definitely have to do a cruise together one of these years! That Liberty cruise is going to be absolutely AWESOME. Have always wanted to try the Liberty and the Breeze too. And that itinerary is fantastic. It will be here before you know it!

No, there were never many people there. (Rotisserie) It is the set up of the ship. Kind of hard to find it. I remember the lst time we sailed her it took me about 1/2 hour to find it! When I did, I was like DUHHHH. It was here all the time, but Splendor lay out is a bit confusing, esp. for me because we usually sail the Spirit class ships. So 2nd time we went on her in Feb. I decided to go to the Rotisserie and guess what? Got lost again!!! :confused::rolleyes: I LIKE the Splendor, but don't LOVE it. We are going again on Monday and I am super excited, but I really love the spirit class and would LOVE to sail on a newer ship like the Breeze. But we had 2 very good cruises on Splendor and I'm sure #3 is going to be great also~we live 20 minutes from the port of NY, so that is where we cruise from, so we have to sail on whatever ship is there. OP, sorry the buffet was not to your liking. I am determined to do the sea day brunch in the MDR this cruise. We just never did it and want to see what eating there before dinner time is like! ;) Hope you at least liked the chocolate extravaganza buffet!!! Oh, man, oh, man....:eek:

I said the buffet was OK....I didn't day it wasn't to my liking.

Honestly....I live in the heart of NYC...and dine out daily. I get authentic Mexican, Chinese, Indian etc food whenever I want...as well as "fine dining" with service.

The one thing I can't get at home is "all you can eat buffets"....so as long as the food is edible...this is a treat to me!

However, to be honest...I was more excited about the hamburgers...something else I don't eat at home. (It's not that I can't get them....I just don't eat them.) They were great.

BTW....DH and I both came down with colds/flu like symptoms on Wednesday. I'm wondering if this is a souvenir.

One other thing I didn't mention...that I never saw before.

The muster drill was in English/French. There were a lot of French Canadians on board. After muster, all other announcements were in English.

The Splendor doesn't have sushi anymore. Sometime last year they went to the "Taste Bar"

I heard that ships that have the taste bar move the sushi to the buffet. Anyone know if they did that on the Splendor.

I enjoyed the sushi - some items were better than others. It's not as good as you would get in a sushi restaurant around the NY metro area, but not bad. Either they didn't have the spicy shrimp that I enjoyed on the Miracle or I missed it. So much food, so little time.