Chicken in the Steak House...Lol!

If you are cruising solo, and go to the steakhouse the first night, obviously the whole bottle of wine would "knock me out" lol, so if you have two or three glasses, you will still have about half a bottle left. Will they let you take it back to your room? Or is it, drink it or lose it?

I was solo the first night in the steakhouse on Splendor this past January. I did not finish my complementary bottle of red wine. The waiter put my name and cabin # on the bottle and said it will be sent to the wine cellar. I told my waiter the next night in the MDR and she had it retrieved. No problem at all.

I am sure they would let you take it with you if you want. Enjoy the steakhouse and your cruise.:cool:

So last night I mentioned to DH that I'd like us to go to the steakhouse if we have enough money when we go on our cruise next year and he said "okay." Just like that! Lol! I thought he'd protest again. This will be something special to look forward to. I think I may wait until we are on board to make a reservation, though, because I'm not really sure which of the 12 days we will feel like going. I'm assuming you just call to make a reservation?

Yes. You can make a reservation while on board. On our last cruise, we booked ahead of time but decided to change days (we miscalculated the formal nights and didn't want to miss formal night) and had no problem changing pur reservation on board.

Yes. You can make a reservation while on board. On our last cruise, we booked ahead of time but decided to change days (we miscalculated the formal nights and didn't want to miss formal night) and had no problem changing pur reservation on board.

Oh, that's a good idea! Taking a guess with a reservation ahead of time, but then being able to reschedule if needed. Thanks!

We actually walked out if the Italian place .. The food was awful! We are from NY/NJ so we know good... Great Italian food... I understand the lunch was ok at Cucina ...

I can't wait to sail again to go to the steakhouse for more than one app!!

As far as the wine ... Yes you can take it with you if u don't finish it... I always take with !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We weren't impressed with Cucina either and we chalked it up to being spoiled by living in NY. My husband says it's better than Olive Garden but nowhere near as good as you can get here.

Okay, thanks! I'm hoping with 12 days I won't strike out. Or perhaps we could figure out which day would work best and book ahead. I'm thinking a sea day would be best.

You can make a reservation using any of these options

• online at carnival.com
  • contacting the brand ambassador through his blog, Facebook or email (jheald@carnival.com)
  • emailing shipcodesteakhouse@carnival.com while replacing shipcode with your ship's code
  • onboard by dialing steakhouse reservations or Guest Services

DD had ceaser salad and commented that it tasted a bit fishy, and it was the same in the buffet and in the dining room

QUOTE]

ROFL... I can't resist. Caesar Salad is made with anchovies as one of the prime ingredients. :D

Maybe they used too much....for DD's taste anyway.... and more than she is used to - she often orders caesar salad in restaurants and has never noticed a fishy taste before. I guess it is like saying the chicken was salty...for her...but others seem to like it.

I was solo the first night in the steakhouse on Splendor this past January. I did not finish my complementary bottle of red wine. The waiter put my name and cabin # on the bottle and said it will be sent to the wine cellar. I told my waiter the next night in the MDR and she had it retrieved. No problem at all.

I am sure they would let you take it with you if you want. Enjoy the steakhouse and your cruise.:cool:

Thanks, I had not thought of that possibility. This would work for me too:)

Maybe they used too much....for DD's taste anyway.... and more than she is used to - she often orders caesar salad in restaurants and has never noticed a fishy taste before. I guess it is like saying the chicken was salty...for her...but others seem to like it.

I'm so glad you didn't take offence. :)

What you say may well be true but my guess would be that most of your average restaurants do not make it in the traditional manner as Carnival claims but instead, use a Caesar Salad dressing instead which may or may not have anchovies in it and call it a Caesar Salad. I have certainly seen it without in grocery stores. And the other stickler here is the raw egg required for the dressing and preparation time involved as well. But that is just a guess. ;)

My daughter and I were on the Conquest last week. We did the Steakhouse with all intentions of ordering a nice juicy steak. When our waiter came over and told us that they had Chilean Sea Bass on the menu we both changed our minds. The fish was delicious!! Melted in your mouth and there were 2 huge portions of it on the plate. My only mistake was eating bread, appetizer, and salad before the main course...I had no room for dessert, the slice of cheesecake my daughter had would be enough for 3 people!! Well worth the extra $35/pp, we'll definitely do it again next cruise.

We waited until we were on the Breeze last year to make our reservations, maybe 2 days into an 8 day cruise, and were not able to get anything.

Got smart this year.

Already booked the Steakhouse and the Italian on the Breeze.:D:D

Didn't want to risk not being able to get into either.

lol

I used to be a chicken'tarian as well. I ordered the chicken in the steakhouse last September and it was delicious!! Although the mac&cheese that came with it was the star of the dish. It was so creamy and way better than MDR mac. :p

I used to be a chicken'tarian as well. I ordered the chicken in the steakhouse last September and it was delicious!! Although the mac&cheese that came with it was the star of the dish. It was so creamy and way better than MDR mac. :p

The chicken and Mac & Cheese option sound delicious. It is good to hear the other choices besides steak are very good. It would be difficult to not order the surf and turf but one day I will have to try the chicken entree. :cool: