Ocean Blue now showing up as $0.00 when reserving with UDP on Getaway week of June 14

Just got off the phone with my NCL PCC and was reserving restaurants and shows for my Getaway cruise on June 14th, 2014. He said the Ocean Blue specialty restaurant was showing as $0.00. I had him book it for our day 3 dinner. After he confirmed all restaurants and times, it still came across as $0. I verified the same thing on the MY NCL website while on the phone with him. I tried a few other days as a test to see if it would show up as $0 and it did. Does not appear there are many times left available.

Did something change where Ocean Blue is now included in the Unlimited Dining Plan? I thought two months ago it was $50 per person no matter what. Right now as an individual purchase on the MY NCL website it's showing $37.50 per person.

Obviously I cannot confirm this works with other Getaway cruises.

Seems like if you have the UDP and are interested you may want to see if you can book the Ocean Blue as an included cost.

i'd be surprised if ocean blue is making any money at all

they probably throw out more ingredients then anything as such it rightly should be part of the udp plan.

50$ is a bit ridic, in my opinion esp it's not even that iron chef guy cooking in the back.

air france has alain ducasse "design" their meals, would you pay 50$ for airplane food?

Could it be happening because you have UDP, so the pricing will be adjusted on the ship? I say this because only 2 of the 3 people in my party have UDP, yet when we made our specialty dining reservations, we didn't have to prepay anything for the 3rd person who doesn't have UDP. (We didn't book Ocean Blue though). I just think the booking system is wacky. But still, maybe I'm wrong and that would be great news.

I'm another who can't understand how that place can survive.

Just got off the phone with my NCL PCC and was reserving restaurants and shows for my Getaway cruise on June 14th, 2014. He said the Ocean Blue specialty restaurant was showing as $0.00. I had him book it for our day 3 dinner. After he confirmed all restaurants and times, it still came across as $0. I verified the same thing on the MY NCL website while on the phone with him. I tried a few other days as a test to see if it would show up as $0 and it did. Does not appear there are many times left available.

Did something change where Ocean Blue is now included in the Unlimited Dining Plan? I thought two months ago it was $50 per person no matter what. Right now as an individual purchase on the MY NCL website it's showing $37.50 per person.

Obviously I cannot confirm this works with other Getaway cruises.

Seems like if you have the UDP and are interested you may want to see if you can book the Ocean Blue as an included cost.

Hey Accessbowtie I'm on the same sailing as you. I tried to book Oceanblue and its now giving a price of $60 for 2 (we have UDP). The price does seem to be going down but didn't get the zero you received.:confused:

We had the UDP on our recent sailing on the Breakaway and you got a 20% discount at Ocean Blue. You still have to give your key card at the specialty restaurants and it will show up then.

We had the UDP on our recent sailing on the Breakaway and you got a 20% discount at Ocean Blue. You still have to give your key card at the specialty restaurants and it will show up then.

Correct, but previously people had to pay when booking in advance, if there was a charge. This is different, for some reason.

Correct. But on our last cruise I was able to make reservations for 4 people under my name (different cabins). Everything showed up as $0.00 even though they only had the information for my UDP.

Correct. But on our last cruise I was able to make reservations for 4 people under my name (different cabins). Everything showed up as $0.00 even though they only had the information for my UDP.

Gotcha, thanks. So it's doing the same thing that I posted above, when I commented on the other reservations I'd made.

When you got there did they ever charge you?

Harriet

We have the UDP on the June 14th sailing and I too just booked Ocean Blue with no extra charge.

Now my question is this, I made a reservation for 6 yet it did not ask for any info on the 6 people. Now I'm really confused.

We have the UDP on the June 14th sailing and I too just booked Ocean Blue with no extra charge.

Now my question is this, I made a reservation for 6 yet it did not ask for any info on the 6 people. Now I'm really confused.

Sorry, Carol54 posted while I was typing my post. I'm still confused though (I'll admit I am blonde). If you don't have the UDP does the fee show up when they swipe your card?

Edited by Shadow205

If you have the UDP you get a 20% discount at Ocean Blue, thus the $37.50 for the cost. Trust me it is not free, they will charge you for dining at Ocean Blue. I will be sailing June 21, Haven Aft Penthouse Suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Accessbowtie I'm on the same sailing as you. I tried to book Oceanblue and its now giving a price of $60 for 2 (we have UDP). The price does seem to be going down but didn't get the zero you received.:confused:

I know you are on my sailing. I was trying to book Cagney's at 6 pm like you then hit the 8:45 pm showing of Illusionarium. Unfortunately 8:45 pm is booked so I had to do the 5:30 pm showing and eat at Cagney's at 9:30 pm. Oh well.

I tried another few bookings for Ocean Blue and it's still showing up as $0. If I try and book Illusionarium on any other night than the first night, it is showing up as $25 in the cart. On my dining confirmation plan that my PCC sent last night after all reservations were made, all restaurants were showing up as $0. Additionally my PCC is the one who brought it to my attention that Ocean Blue was showing up as a zero dollar charge and I could tell in his voice he was surprised.

I'm thinking everything will be okay and I won't get charged. Of course I will confirm before sitting down at an Ocean Blue table that I will or will not be charged. This way if I am, then we just go to the MDR or another specialty restaurant. No big deal to me. I really only booked it for the wife as she enjoys seafood more than I.

I wanted to pass this info along as I was unsure if there was a change in Ocean Blue and it was now included. Similar like how they allowed UDPers to go see Illusionarium for free on the first night of the sailing.

Edited by Accessbowtie