Hotel for 5 in miami?

Hi,

We will be a party of 5 landing in Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 19. I'm looking for an hotel with suites/ condo(2 separate rooms) for our party of 5 probably in Miami ( i think i prefer going straight to Miami right away instead of staying in Fll.

Any recommendations?

Unless you come across some condo deal I think you are better off staying in the FLL area -- there's an Embassy Suites and a few other extended stay/all suite hotels near the MIA airport (Homewood Suites, etc.) but I would not bother to shuttle/drive there and still be 15-20 minutes away from the port.

You'll find more, and likely slightly cheaper options closer to FLL.

I had the same problem, we have 5 on our upcoming cruise. Me, hubby, son (16), grandson (4) and niece (12). Didn't want to put kids in their own room. I did find The Casablanca on the Ocean in North Miami, that will do a rollaway, with iffy reviews. I did book here originally at a good rate, $198 for two nights-no breakfast and they charge for parking. I changed our reservation to Dania Beach area at the Sleep Inn for $153 for two nights, with free wifi, free breakfast, and free parking. Its not on the beach but a short drive and we will have a rental car for our 2 days before our cruise.

We are booked at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell in a room for 5 - two queen and a sofa bed. Decent rates, near points of interest, free wifi, and free breakfast.

Rooms for 5 aren't too hard to find and are usually two beds and a sofa bed, just avoid the higher end places and look at the nicer family oriented chains. We actually found that staying in Fort Lauderdale for our dates would be significantly more expensive. (I think something was going on during our dates.)

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Hi,

We will be a party of 5 landing in Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 19. I'm looking for an hotel with suites/ condo(2 separate rooms) for our party of 5 probably in Miami ( i think i prefer going straight to Miami right away instead of staying in Fll.

Any recommendations?

You don't say for how many nights. For just one night precruise, I'd stay right in FtL and head to the MIA port in the morning. Lots of suite like chains near the airport in FT.L/Dania area.

Hi,

Any recommendations?

Without a doubt the W at South Beach. Has a choice of suites that will suit your party. Also it is a great Hotel!

I chose this as well for our group if 5 for all of the reasons listed above. And most of the other hotels I looked at had doubles rathers than queen beds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Found some prices for you..

For Dec 19, 2014 to Dec 20, 2014:

DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay Miami

Two Bedroom Condo - 3 Beds Refundable $265 + $35 taxes/fees $300

Or

SeaCoast Suites Miami Beach

2 Bedroom - 3 Beds Refundable $225 + $30 taxes/fees $255

SeaCoast Suites Miami Beach

2 Bedroom Master Suite - 3 Beds Refundable $285 + $38 taxes/fees $323

Get $35 off on a minimum before tax price of $200 when signing up with this Travelpony link.

Use MEMDAY14 for another $50 off on $500.