Tips on Explorer of the Seas

Hi All,

We just booked a mid-ship (deck 7), promenade view cabin on the June 28 sailing to Bermuda. I've heard great things about the ship, but I was wondering....what are some things that many people may not know about this ship/cruising on it, that will be helpful once aboard?

Thank you!

Hi All,

We just booked a mid-ship (deck 7), promenade view cabin on the June 28 sailing to Bermuda. I've heard great things about the ship, but I was wondering....what are some things that many people may not know about this ship/cruising on it, that will be helpful once aboard?

Thank you!

Go ice skating on board the explorer, but don't forget, you need to wear long pants!

Can't send you a link from my phone but do a search - theres a huge thread Everything Explorer that will tell you all you would ever want to know and more.

Anyway idea what key words to use in the search?

The actual thread Everything Explorer is huge, and I personally find it difficult to search for information in a thread that large. It does have some great information though! I have found some great detailed reviews with pictures by typing in Explorer under search the forum.

Love the Explorer for many reason, they have a fantastic crew

Those that have been on Explorer know these things. For someone that has not here a few I can think of at the moment.

Check out Deck 4 outside, you can walk around the entire ship. Go up to the bow and sit on one of the benches, also known as the helipad.

When going into the Windjammer, walk all the way to the back where you'll find more of a selection of food.

There is free frozen yogurt on Deck 11 outside by the Pool and Ben & Jerry at Cafe Promanade for a fee

There is only 1 specialty restaurant called Portofino

Windjammer has sushi and a nice selection of food at dinner time

Room service is not part of daily gratuities, so a few dollars would be appreciated

If you get seasick you can go to Guest Service for free medication

Check out the Ladies/Men's room on Deck 11, fantastic view

Go to the Love & Marriage Game and Quest

There's a 70's Disco party that happens on the Promenade which you can watch from your Promenade window

Most of the entertainment shows are 7 & 9 pm

I know you'll enjoy your cruise.

I will always have a soft spot for the Explorer. Love it....

Make sure you close the curtains when you disrobe. This cabin has double curtains....one set is sheer and you don't realize that the people across the promenade can see you. Hubby and I saw an elderly woman changing clothes one night...:eek:

Explorer mid-ship Promenade I remember it well. We could watch the parade from our window seat. You have already been told about closing your curtains.:eek: Every night from around 10 to midnight the beat of drums and latin music. Same beat it seemed for 2 hours every night. Turn up the TV if your hearing it and it starts to bother you.

Great breakfast and lunch in the dining room. We ended up only going to the windjammer the first day for breakfast because we tried the MDR and loved it. The chocolate breakfast was a nice surprise and the kids loved it.

The buffet does a mid-afternoon snack type thing that the kids loved: nachos, sandwiches etc.

Go down to deck 4 and pull a few chairs right up to the railing.... I swear its the most peaceful spot on the whole ship.

The peek-a-boo bridge was really cool to see.

On the pool deck look for the bartenders walking around selling mango coladas... they are VERY heavy handed with the rum :D

The 2 best spots I found for wifi were Dizzy's and the Café Promenade.

I highly recommend deck 4 as well! I could spend hours sitting out on the deck with a good book.

Best bathroom on the ship is the Women's room right outside of the Windjammer. Best view on the ship, huge windows!

If you plan on eating in the Windjammer, definitely use the tactic of sending one person to get a table while the other gets their food or looking for a table first during peak hours (breakfast & lunch). That way you're not hunting for tables with your food in your hands.

Visit the Cafe Promenade for cookies, sandwiches, coffee and pizza. Perfect for that after lunch "I know I just ate but I need to eat again" snack!

Do not be shy in the dining room. Your waiters are there to make you happy. If you're thinking about getting more than one appetizer, entrée or dessert, DO IT. You're on vacation. You'll regret not getting it later when your neighbor orders it and you sit there silently scolding yourself for not ordering one to try for yourself.

Go up to the Viking Crown Lounge and enjoy the views. Can't be beat. Also visit the 19th Hole bar and view the golf ball machine (if it's still there). Fun little surprise.

DEFINITELY attend the "Silent Party" in the disco if it's offered on your cruise. Even if you don't dance, the people watching is hysterical. No music, just people moving and grooving in silence. Compliments of wireless headphones. You will not regret it!

I always bring a small Febreeze air freshener for the bathroom when we sail. No fan = unpleasant smells. Nobody wants that. The air freshener works wonders.

Hi All,

Thank you!

If you enjoy pre dinner cocktails, visit the Champagne bar across from guest services. Much better drinks and free canapes too! Throw the bartender a small consideration and get REALLY good drinks!