Legend returns off season 18 day repositioning to Honolulu

jimbo5544

Gotcha - I must have missed it on his FB page; is there a link?

Hmmm ... I just went back to his blog that was posted on FB today, and that reference seems to be gone now. I am positive it was there though earlier since I talked to my husband about it. There was also a post on the Alaska 2015 thread here that saw the same thing as me.

Maybe he wasn't supposed to reveal the date or something so it was edited out.

Sorry!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm ... I just went back to his blog that was posted on FB today, and that reference seems to be gone now. I am positive it was there though earlier since I talked to my husband about it. There was also a post on the Alaska 2015 thread here that saw the same thing as me.

Maybe he wasn't supposed to reveal the date or something so it was edited out.

Sorry!

It is still there under Welcome to Juneau.

This is what he said

"“But Alaska is amazing and the wildlife is all around you 24 hours a day and it is part of what makes Alaska so special. Carnival will be in Alaska next year and no later than May 26th we will have all the details of which ship and where we are going. "

Sounds to me like the Miracle is going back to Tampa and the Legend will do Alaska during the summer.

Maybe the Inspiration or Imagination will perform the 7 night, Mexican Riviera itinerary. I've suspected this ever since Carnival placed two ships doing the same exact itinerary in LA.

There is nothing like the Miracle. I'm so glad I'll have the opp to cruise on her again next March. Your theory is interesting, but I'd be disappointed to do a 7 day cruise on either the Inspiration or Imagination, having done so many on Inspiration. For that length, I guess I'm looking for a beefier ship. But then again, I guess if you don't know any better, you will enjoy it either way.

Edited by CrzRani

This is what he said

"“But Alaska is amazing and the wildlife is all around you 24 hours a day and it is part of what makes Alaska so special. Carnival will be in Alaska next year and no later than May 26th we will have all the details of which ship and where we are going. "

Thanks and interesting indeed!

Figures they upgrade the miracle and the west gets the non 2.0 ship. Was looking forward to guys... Doh

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Legend has already been upgraded. So if Legend takes over for Miracle the West Coast would be getting a 2.0 ship.

I seriously doubt the Legend will return to Tampa. Just does not make sense to me to have THAT LONG of a repo every "off-season". I think if Tampa gets another ship it will be Miracle while Legend stays out west, but I am not even really sure how likely that is either.

My PVP confirmed the Legend will be returning to Australia in August 2014. This does also show up on Carnival's website as a 23 day cruise back to Australia. She also said that the Legend and the Spirit both will remain there.

My PVP confirmed the Legend will be returning to Australia in August 2014. This does also show up on Carnival's website as a 23 day cruise back to Australia. She also said that the Legend and the Spirit both will remain there.

Legend is not returning to Australia in August 2014, she is only heading that way for her first time.

This is what he said

Thanks! Good to know I'm not crazy!! :)

That's one thing I just don't understand - you put a ship into 2-week dry dock for the 2.0 upgrades and one of the best features (Guy's) is not included?!?!

My best guess is that Carnival did not see Guy's as appealing to the Australian market for some reason.

Perhaps but Legend had her dry dock 2-months ago and isn't leaving for Australia for another 3 1/2 months.

Right but the main purpose of the dry dock was to prepare the ship for Australia. (Foreign Power outlets, waterworks, etc) The same think was done to Spirit before she was sent to Australia.

What are the cold/ice water requirements? I have no idea as I thought Legend and Miracle were exactly the same. Thanks in advance.

My understanding is that Miracle has special lifeboats that are equipped for cold water should the ship require to evacuate to the lifeboats...something about closed lifeboats or something. Spirit supposedly has this as well but Legend does not. I don't remember where I heard this. I think from a Carnival cruise loyalty desk employee on board one of the cruises I sailed.

Right but the main purpose of the dry dock was to prepare the ship for Australia. (Foreign Power outlets, waterworks, etc) The same think was done to Spirit before she was sent to Australia.

Perhaps but still.....why no Guys.....Legend isn't "down under" now and she will not be forever?

My understanding is that Miracle has special lifeboats that are equipped for cold water should the ship require to evacuate to the lifeboats...something about closed lifeboats or something. Spirit supposedly has this as well but Legend does not. I don't remember where I heard this. I think from a Carnival cruise loyalty desk employee on board one of the cruises I sailed.

There are three types of lifeboats: open, semi-enclosed, and totally enclosed.

Open lifeboats are only seen on older cargo ships.

Every cruise ship I know of has semi-enclosed boats. These have a cover, but only spray curtains over the doors.

Totally enclosed lifeboats are vastly more expensive than semi-enclosed, and for a given capacity tend to be larger. These boats are watertight, and self-righting (provided everyone is seat belted in), so the presence or absence of seat belts will also tell you whether or not a boat is totally enclosed.

Even the liferafts for the crew are no different between warm waters or cold waters.

There are no special requirements for lifeboats in cold weather or cold water. Ships can have any one of the above three types and travel from Alaska in winter to the Gulf of Mexico. There are some USCG special requirements for ships operating in the Cook Inlet (leading to Anchorage), but this deals with winter time conditions where the air temp can reach -40. No cruise ships stay in Alaska in the winter.

Edited by chengkp75