Upgrades and/or getting moved

How does RCL handle upgrades being given? We typically sail Princess and we always say no upgrade as we pick an ideal cabin location for us when booking. Our TA and an Rccl rep said they don't have the option of saying no upgrade. Do they call first? How does this work?

How does RCL handle upgrades being given? We typically sail Princess and we always say no upgrade as we pick an ideal cabin location for us when booking. Our TA and an Rccl rep said they don't have the option of saying no upgrade. Do they call first? How does this work?

You do have the option to say "no upgrades" on Royal. Your TA just needs to call Royal and have this noted on your booking.

I am going to call today i thought that was weird but both costcoTA and rccl told me the same thing. it is especially imperative as my daughter has an adjoining room with her kids.

Yes...you must say "NO UPGRADES"....if an upgrade were to occur (which is quite rare, by the way!), they do NOT notify you at all...they just do it! So, get that "NO UPGRADES" onto both cabin reservations pronto!!!