How bad is the Millineum?

Annie43

I think it was Sept or Oct that they had a pod problem and traveled from Alaska to Bermuda and back thru the Panama Canal to San Diego with no passengers aboard. They cancelled two or 3 cruises. With no customers onboard for 3 or 4 weeks they used the time to fix up and spruce lots of items.

We also did the Sydney to Singapore in Nov to Dec and saw no problems like rust or mold.

We left it in great shape in Singapore in Dec 2013.

Alaska to Bahamas, not Bermuda.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Thank you for the adult response. You are right...I do not look for problems. Being where I'm from, I'm actually a pretty laid-back guy. And after several years at sea in the USCG, a little rust here or there on an ocean going ship certainly does not bother me. But the condition of this ship in June last year was not typical Celebrity. I do believe...at least I would hope...they gave the ship a good once over during the unplanned down period. .

We did 35 days last Oct to Nov, Hawaii to Singapore and she was in fine shape.

As others have stated she sailed to dry dock empty with a maintenance team on her, they were working on here the whole time as an unplanned refurbish.

Most of the carpeting and upholstery was renewed during this time. She was painted and was the 1st ship of the fleet to have her name put on her in the new motif.

We saw steady up keep on her during our trip with constant painting going on.

Yes we noticed some spots that showed use and abuse but she is not a new ship we enjoyed our stay on her and found no real problems and would not hesitate to sail her again.

Hello, hope you are both well. Any cruises booked? We have the eclipse booked for next march and ho on our honeymoon to the Maldives this Sunday.

Hello - a voice from the past :D Very well thanks - hope you're both well too. A few cruises booked, mainly on Royal Caribbean, although we're trying Azamara for the first time later in year and doing Century from Singapore next Feb.

Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon - what a stunning place to go :)

Hello - a voice from the past :D Very well thanks - hope you're both well too. A few cruises booked, mainly on Royal Caribbean, although we're trying Azamara for the first time later in year and doing Century from Singapore next Feb.

Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon - what a stunning place to go :)

Will be interested to hear how you like Azamara as have looked at them before. Enjoy your cruises.

Cruised on The Millie last year, S.E. Asia. Found the ship, staff and service to be excellent. Well aware that this is an older vessel but we also really enjoyed being in one of the newly created (at the time) oceanview cabins on deck three with the 6' diameter windows. I'm sure if I thought hard enough I could come up with something to complain about but then again, we've had few if any complaints about any vessel we've been on because we're simply blessed to be able to cruise fairly often. :)

Just got off the Millie 2 weeks ago having spent 30 days of the last 120 on her (no, I'm not a member of the crew :D ). As others have stated, certainly there are areas that need attention to detail - as one would expect for a ship 14 years old. However, the ship is, in general, very well kept. There are issues with training though, especially in the dining venues. We noticed some issue last November/December and worse this past month. Granted, there was a fairly large staff turnover recently but one would hope that Celebrity would properly train personnel before putting them out in public. Regardless, if the itinerary fills your bill, go for it! I will add that I have booked another cruise on her for next year.

Also, hello Scotslady, and congratulations! And also Bobal, another veteran of the "march to Singapore" :)

Edited by Aloha 1

I have sailed recently on both ships - Radiance in November 2013 and Millennium in January 2014. Millie was sparkling clean, beautiful and tastefully decorated. Radiance too was spotless and beautiful. I would say they are on par, with pros and cons to both when it comes to entertainment, food, etc. Neither one looked or seemed older than the other.

My opinion is Radiance for a cool weather cruise, and Millennium for a warm weather cruise. The shortfall for me on Radiance is that she has a very small mediocre pool deck, which is a deal breaker for me on a warm weather cruise, and Millennium has a spacious, open, large pool deck with oodles of comfy sunloungers, which was fabulous on our hot Asian cruise. Other than that either one will be wonderful.