royal caribbean cruise offers

I have recently receive 2 emails from RCCL regarding their buy one , 2nd person gets 50% off promotion.. I was interested in the Voyager of the seas leaving Singapore 25th November 2014. for 13 nights. They advertised the price for one person at $742 and 50% for the 2nd person. When I attempted to book ,it ended up at $1500 for the 1st person. Has anyone else received this email and tried to book. What did I do wrong that I could not receive the cheaper price.?

On the Aussie website:

"Offer Details

• Buy One Get One Up to 50% Off: South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand cruises 2014/15 season cruises.

• Buy One Get One up to 50% Off: All worldwide cruises (excluding Quantum® and Anthem of the Seas®): Departing from 01 January 2015 onwards"

We have found the pricing very confusing also. It shows the cabin category prices as the equivalent to 25% off, and then when you look at the breakup of charges you have the first at full price and the second 50% off. You need to do a booking to that stage to see what the actual price and breakup is. If you are happy with the total, then go for it. Don't go by the price right at the start on the search part, and then try to take 50% off.

Edited by goodycruising

I have recently receive 2 emails from RCCL regarding their buy one , 2nd person gets 50% off promotion.. I was interested in the Voyager of the seas leaving Singapore 25th November 2014. for 13 nights. They advertised the price for one person at $742 and 50% for the 2nd person. When I attempted to book ,it ended up at $1500 for the 1st person. Has anyone else received this email and tried to book. What did I do wrong that I could not receive the cheaper price.?

The cruise price that you see is the average per person after all discounts. This has been covered in some 5 other threads, in which some Ops accuse RCL of price deception. I got an e-mail from them when they modified their software that any balcony or savings discounts would be automatically applied to the pricing structure.

When I look at the pricing for my Oasis cruise, Cabin C1 (Central Park) shows the following:

1 2

Fare 1,055 1,055

Taxes & fees 113 113

1,168 1,168

Discounts:

Balcony discount (225)

Half-off (528)

Total 943 640

Advertised price per 792