A terrible cabin steward. Have you ever?

We had a steward that introduced himself, then proceeded to give us a long list of demands. He would only re-arrange the beds once (it never occured to us that people would want them moved more than once). We asked for a few extra pillows, as we usually do, but were told not to ask for any more (which we weren't going to). No more than one ice delivery per day (we don't use any ice). If we left towels on the floor to be replaced, they had to be folded (not sure why, but whatever). Suitcases MUST be under the bed (that's where we always put them anyway).

We didn't see much of him after that, but he took care of the room. He wasn't really rude, but was just a little insistent on things that didn't really seem like a big deal.

We've had two good room stewards. We ask for very little and just expect them to take out the dirty dishes, change out the towels and make the bed. The first one we had was great because it seemed like he knew whenever we left the room and it was tidy when we returned. The second was not as astute, but did her job. We tipped extra for both.

But what is this thing about putting linens UNDER the bed in a bag? I found some there on our last cruise. It didn't bug me, but I just wonder why. I noticed because that's where we toss our suitcases.

.......But what is this thing about putting linens UNDER the bed in a bag? I found some there on our last cruise. It didn't bug me, but I just wonder why. I noticed because that's where we toss our suitcases.

That is where we always find the bed topper (that's what I call it), under the bed. All I can think of is that they afraid to fold it and place it in a drawer or in the closet because if something turns up missing they would get blame for it.

We had bedding under our bed years ago. We asked what to do with it. They told us to put it outside the room and it would be taken care of. Been doing this ever since and have never had a problem.

We had an alcoholic cabin steward once.

Because we love to drink at bars but seldom drink in our cabin, a bottle of Jack Daniels last my DH a long time in the cabin. I don't drink JD.

It didn't last long with this cabin steward!

DH ask if I'd had some of his JD because he'd only had one drink from the bottle and it was just a bit over half full.

We started marking the bottle. Sure enough, each day more would be missing. Guess the cabin steward wanted a drink and it was there ....:rolleyes:

No, we did not report him. He was older, very thin, quite nervous, and looked to be in poor health. We felt sorry for him.

LuLu

We had an alcoholic cabin steward once.

Because we love to drink at bars but seldom drink in our cabin, a bottle of Jack Daniels last my DH a long time in the cabin. I don't drink JD.

It didn't last long with this cabin steward!

DH ask if I'd had some of his JD because he'd only had one drink from the bottle and it was just a bit over half full.

We started marking the bottle. Sure enough, each day more would be missing. Guess the cabin steward wanted a drink and it was there ....:rolleyes:

No, we did not report him. He was older, very thin, quite nervous, and looked to be in poor health. We felt sorry for him.

LuLu

That was very nice of you not to report him. I don't think the average cruiser would have been as compassionate. I once read that a cabin steward took some prescription pain meds.