cabin upgrade - good? bad?

SunFun23

Hello everyone,

Last month, I've booked a 7 Day Bahamas and Florida from New York cruise for an inside room ID/GTY (for the 3 of us). Since I'm 16 days away, I've noticed that there was a price drop ($100). I called NCL today and was offered an upgrade to balcony BX/GTY for $60 and OBC $50. I took the offer without any second thoughts. :D

Is this a good deal? Will I get seasick? :eek:

Please advise.

Thanks

That sounds like a very, very good deal.

Why are you now worried about seasickness? just because you do not know your cabin location? You booked an inside gty originally, so you did not then know your location...youcould have ended up all the way forward or aft, where some people worry about getting seasick. with the balcony gty, you could end up pretty far forward or all the way aft, so same issue. but now if you are not feeling well, you can step outside for fresh air and stare at the horizon...that reportedly helps some people if they are queasy.

Do have a great time.:D

I don't think you'll have any complaints...

We booked on the Gem as well in a I1 category with a GTY room and got an auto upgrade to OG when we paid. 30 days out we got assigned an OA room right at the aft of the boat.

I'd say you're in good shape, especially when it only netted you $10 in the end....

Great deal!

Is the cruise cost less than what you paid for one month ago? Did you originally book with the kids sail free promo?

What did you say when you called to get the deal?

When I call to upgrade from inside to balcony they are quoting me $680, even though the price went down from when I originally booked. I was told I lose the kids sail free and need the pay for the 3rd person.

I've booked the cruise before the kids sail free promo came out. At that time I had the inside GTY. I've been checking every other week see if the price drop. When it dropped more than $100, I called NCL yesterday and told them about it. I was put on hold while they recheck the price. That's when I got the upgrade to BX GTY with the on board credit. Don't know what room it will be. I will find out in couple of days or on day of the cruise about my assigned balcony. I guess I got lucky with this great deal. :D