Are cabin steward jn higher floors better?

OK, I'll rephrase. The stewardess we had while occupying the Royal Suite kept it clean and we had fresh towels twice a day and ice in the bucket. There was also a towel animal left each evening. The end.

The last time you sailed on Royal Caribbean was 2005 and that was the norm for service at that time. Now, ice is available if you request it and towels animals are becoming extinct.

The last time you sailed on Royal Caribbean was 2005 and that was the norm for service at that time. Now, ice is available if you request it and towels animals are becoming extinct.

That is shipwide though, correct? If so, it makes my point. Housekeeping is the same regardless of what class of cabin you occupy.

BOUHUNTER

I noticed our attendent was servicing a cabin quite a distance from ours. So, when passing, I asked him how many cabins he had. His answer was 13.

Is that considered alot for a suite attendent?

We book either GS or OS. We spoke to a Concierge on one of our previous cruises who said the better attendants are assigned to the decks containing the full suites.

Happy sailing! It's a great way to see the world!

We have never cruised on a deck lower than 9 and you would think our cabin attendants would be better because they are working on a higher deck. At least they suppose to be the best. But on our last cruise on The Navigator we had the worse cabin attendant we ever had since we started cruising in 2005. While we didn't take away our tip we didn't give him extra at the end of the cruise; a first for us.

Edited by lady_cruiser

Because they want the accolades and it leads to time off and gets them a higher status, you'll find that the stewards work extremely hard, regardless of the type cabins they service. We've never had a steward that was inattentive to our needs, regardless of the floor chosen. We actually prefer a lower deck because of the motion and we aren't alone.

We've had Grand Suites on the last two cruises and I know our attendant also handled the inside cabins across the hall. Both attendants were excellent and I'm sure the inside cabins got great service from them too. Our next cruise we have a higher floor with all suites, so we'll see if there's a differentiation beyond the prior cruises.