One night in Boston

Im getting into Boston late on a Friday night for a Saturday departure on the Veendam and am looking for a hotel in the $100-150 range fairly close to the port. No time for sightseeing in Boston so I don't have to be in an area of tourist attractions.

I am landing at Logan so it could be near there or near the port. I realize they are fairly close to one another.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to be close to the airport and take advantage of free airport shuttles, search for a hotel in Revere, Massachusetts. You should find quite a few business hotels that fit the bill. There are quite a few so they're usually competitively priced. Think in terms of Hampton Inn type places.

Since the business hotels are busiest during the week, you can often find good values on Friday - Sunday nights.

Adding to PAO1's excellent suggestion, and if you are interested in saving even more money, take the SL1 Silver Line from Logan, directly to the South Station. You then get aboard the SL2 Design Center, which lets you off for a 4 minute walk to the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. This is a quick, cheap and efficient method of Boston's public transit system.

Your total travel time from Logan to Black Falcon will not exceed 20 minutes. These buses travel frequently, so waiting is minimal.

Edited by Math Guy

Adding to PAO1's excellent suggestion, and if you are interested in saving even more money, take the SL1 Silver Line from Logan, directly to the South Station. You then get aboard the SL2 Design Center, which lets you off for a 4 minute walk to the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. This is a quick, cheap and efficient method of Boston's public transit system.

Your total travel time from Logan to Black Falcon will not exceed 20 minutes. These buses travel frequently, so waiting is minimal.

I am arriving at Logan the night before the cruise so I still need to stay overnight at a hotel.

Do you suggest taking a hotel shuttle from Logan Friday night and then back to Logan Saturday and then the bus to the port?

I don't imagine any of the hotels have transportation to the port.

Someone suggested I rent an SUV at Logan for $34 for the night and sleep in it! Good luck with that idea!

We will be doing just what you are on 07/11. We are staying at the BEST WESTERN Adams Inn in Quincy (we got just under ($150). This is NOT close to the port BUT they have a free shuttle from the airport AND their free shuttle to the cruise terminal the next day runs about four times. The people staying under a package and leaving cars get to register for the cruise shuttle when they make reservations. Others have reserve spaces at check-in.

Something for you to consider.

I

I am arriving at Logan the night before the cruise so I still need to stay overnight at a hotel.

Do you suggest taking a hotel shuttle from Logan Friday night and then back to Logan Saturday and then the bus to the port?

I don't imagine any of the hotels have transportation to the port.

Someone suggested I rent an SUV at Logan for $34 for the night and sleep in it! Good luck with that idea!

I would check the hotels' sites because some of them offer "local area transportation" and not just airport shuttles. I'm not sure what they'd consider "local area" though. I'm sure that a couple of phone calls would yield an answer.

It's about 5 miles from Revere to the cruise terminal.

I suggested Revere because I figured you could find a decent business hotel, usually with breakfast & airport transfers included, at a good price. I'm sure there are other options, but since you're coming in late with no time for sightseeing, I tried to think of something that would give you a comfortable bed, airport pickup, and breakfast the next morning.

I made a quick phone call to the Hampton Inn in Revere just to check. They coordinate shuttles to Black Falcon on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings at 10:00 am for $10.00 per person. I'm sure that the other nearby hotels do something similar. I had the Hampton Inn Logan / Revere in my phone book.

Check the hotel rates for hotels in the area and then call the hotel whose rate you like best. The first phone call was on me. :)

Edited by POA1

Please do not rent a car.. You will spend all your time lost in Boston.. Boston is a walking city. It has NO parking or parking is expensive. Boston has one way street you may see where you want to go but no way to get to it.. What time of year are you cooming?. Boston Hotel are really expensive.. If you find a hotel for that price You will be lucky. I think Revere is to far out. and you will have to cab it. Boston has a lot of conventions, College graduations or kids starting school. Also they had lots of festivals and things that will fill up hotels. Good luck.. Check Cambridge.

Mary

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn - Logan (Revere) several times and use the shuttle to & from the airport. No complaints.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I wasn't planning on driving anywhere in Boston if I rented a car. Just stay in the airport lot sleeping until the next morning and then leave the car and go to the port.

That was a suggestion I did not take too seriously.

I will try calling the Hampton tomorrow or looking for it on the Internet.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I wasn't planning on driving anywhere in Boston if I rented a car. Just stay in the airport lot sleeping until the next morning and then leave the car and go to the port.

That was a suggestion I did not take too seriously.

I will try calling the Hampton tomorrow or looking for it on the Internet.

I wouldn't limit myself to just the Hampton. Google "hotels Revere MA" and then click "Show All" when you see the results page. That should give you a list from which to work.

You'll see prices on the Google page. Consider them a guideline. Check the hotel website or call for actual rates. Google won't show special discounted rates like Senior Citizen or AAA.

Personally, I wouldn't go to Revere. Why would you not want to stay in the city and enjoy a chance to do even a little walking around/sightseeing? Research and use the hotel sites and surely you can find a place in Boston where you can see and do something. Revere is most assuredly Not Boston.

From Logan Airport to mid downtown Boston is about 10 minutes. It is one of the few U.S. airports right in the city.

Enjoy Boston. There is nothing in Revere for you as a visitor.