Family Interior Stateroom

I would like to book a family interior or family oceanview stateroom for my family of four.

We have a 3 year old and a 6 month old that will require a play pen which takes up a ton of room. Not to mention stroller and everything else the baby will need.

Royal said minimum of 5 people is required. Can I put down a fake name and then cancel later on? Or can I pay for the 5th person and not bring anyone because its still cheaper then a Junior Suite.

If you don't mind paying for a 5th person, they will GLADLY take your money. If it's cheaper than a JS, (although, you get a nice balcony with a JS, and a tub, for bathing those small kids!...Most don't like showers!), then go for it!

If you got a connecting cabin, with the door open between the rooms, you're closer than you probably are at home, with the kids in their own bedrooms!

Edited by cb at sea

We had the Family Oceanview (9200) on the Navigator and there was just the two of us; my sister and I. Even my TA at the time couldn't get over the fact that we were able to book it and keep it. But, at the time the description did say a minimum of two people.

I called Royal Caribbean this week to see if we could book the Family Promenade Cabin and was told that there had to be a minimum of 5. But if the cabin was being occupied when the cruise got closer that Royal Caribbean would open it to the "general population" and I would be able to book it.

That stateroom was huge with plenty of space for your play pen and stroller. Why don't call back and speak to someone else to see if you can book it? Sometime speaking to another person works. Below are a few pictures of our Family Oceanview.

There is no coffee table for your little ones to bump into the edges.

nomorecoffeetable_zpse8318f2f.jpg

The kids room which is a closet with a curtain. But still nice for your 3 year old.

bunkbeds_zps0a6eafe6.jpg

I had a Family OV. It is huge!!! But, it doesn't have a tub. We had 4 adults, and it was wonderful. We just had to work around the showering schedule, which wasn't too bad. I would've loved this cabin when our DD's were younger. It's bigger than a JS, but a little smaller than a GS. I had originally booked 2 balcony cabins, but right before final payment, it was open for anyone, & saved $1500. That paid for all our excursions!!! Hope this helps.:o

Barbara

The sitting area for you and your spouse.

sittingarea1_zps7d6f9346.jpg

Here's a better view of the bunk beds "closet" that landed up being our storage area and out of site for the whole cruise.

kidsbeds_zps36fbf906.jpg

The bunk beds can be out of site with a curtain.

cabin_zpsb4d2400c.jpg

Edited by lady_cruiser

We looked into that but dont want to leave 3 year old buy herself in the other room.

Just curious if it's cheaper to go with connecting rooms why it would be an issue if your 3 year old is in the other room? The connecting door can be left open so you can hear what is going on and walk back and forth as needed. Unless you are used to them sleeping in your bedroom at home you are probably closer this way than you are at home. Just an option to consider.

• 2 months later...
Thank you so much for the pictures! That room looks perfect for our family. And its cheaper then connecting rooms and a JS.

I will have to call in and see if i can work something out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app