Is the soda package cup, a cup or a bottle or a little of both?

When we booked our upcoming cruise, it included a "free" soda package for our teen daughter.

Since then, the price of the cruise dropped, I got the difference refunded and so the soda package was removed.

I told our daughter that we can still get the package on-board if she thinks she'll make use of it.

Turns out she is more interested in the bottle than the package - if it comes with a cup then she's not interested. If it comes with a bottle then she is.

Having Googled the subject, there appears to be a lot of different bottles/cups.

So, would she get a bottle or cup as part of the package?

Thanks!

It's an insulated mug. Think coffee mug but taller and without a handle. I wouldn't call it a bottle. I think that there is a picture on the website if you log on to your account and try to book one.

She may decide that she wants one if the other kids have them.

You could wait until you're on board. They have them out on display for people who want to buy a beverage package on board. If she likes it, you can pick it up then. It will seem a little pricey for an insulated mug, but it does come with all the soda you can drink for the duration of the cruise.

Does the cup have a top? And are they all the same?

I saw 2 slightly different color variations, different enough to tell them apart if you look closely, but very similar. It is very much like a large travel coffee mug with a lid.

Are the lids secure, as in something you could put in a bag when out and about? I'm suspecting it's more a cover to prevent spills rather than for carrying it around in a bag.

I think it would be secure so long as you make sure the top is on securely and the spout part is covered. It is the type with a piece of plastic you slide back and forth over the hole. They are very sturdy hard plastic cups like you'd buy at Starbucks or something. Not sure it is 100% leak proof, but if no one else can answer this I will go test it out with mine. I'm not at home at the moment or I'd do it now.

Edited by fluffysue

She can bring her own container on the ship and have it filled at the bars if she has the soft drink package. That way she has the one cost for all she wishes to drink, but the advantage of using her preferred container. Also that means if she is in a group and puts her container down, it will not be identical to all the others.

We've actually taken ours in a side pocket of a bag off the ship. For us, it's a good bargain. At home, we would never drink enough soda to justify it, but for dinner, lunch, out by the pool deck, wandering around the promenade, it makes sense. They will sell you a can of soda, but no bottles are sold (even the plastic bottled ones aren't available). You can choose from several different designs and they will be selling them in various sites on the day you board. Great place to buy them is just before entering the Windjammer for your first lunch. The fountains also let you mix the flavors to make your own unique soda from the different flavors which you can't buy. Most of the kids and teens will have the soda package. You can also get a glass of soda if you don't lug your mug/tumbler with you. Just go to bar and show your SeaPass. It will have the designation on it.

Even though our DD does not drink much soda, she knows if she puts it down to dance, or what-ever it is gone.

Dont like to talk about the grim and dim in life, but, anyone at anytime could put anything in it............

She gets another soda when thirsty....

If she drinks a third......thats ok.

She is not wasteful, probably only gets about 4 sodas a day, but to us still worth it.

Safety first.

Sea Ya

We've actually taken ours in a side pocket of a bag off the ship. For us, it's a good bargain. At home, we would never drink enough soda to justify it, but for dinner, lunch, out by the pool deck, wandering around the promenade, it makes sense. They will sell you a can of soda, but no bottles are sold (even the plastic bottled ones aren't available). You can choose from several different designs and they will be selling them in various sites on the day you board. Great place to buy them is just before entering the Windjammer for your first lunch. The fountains also let you mix the flavors to make your own unique soda from the different flavors which you can't buy. Most of the kids and teens will have the soda package. You can also get a glass of soda if you don't lug your mug/tumbler with you. Just go to bar and show your SeaPass. It will have the designation on it.

Not all of the ships have this Freestyle Coke Machine. I know it's on Oasis & Allure and Explorer and about 3 or 4 others. The cup on these ships have a special chip which allows you to get soda from the machine.

Denise

As of last October 2013 when I originally posted this on another thread::

Freestyle machines are currently on 6 ships. Majesty, Explorer, Freedom, Allure, Oasis and Enchantment.

Denise

Freestyle machines are currently on 6 ships. Majesty, Explorer, Freedom, Allure, Oasis and Enchantment.

Denise

Also Grandeur. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Forums mobile app

Not all of the ships have this Freestyle Coke Machine. I know it's on Oasis & Allure and Explorer and about 3 or 4 others. The cup on these ships have a special chip which allows you to get soda from the machine.

Denise

Do you need to swipe your Sea Pass card along with having the special mug w/chip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it true there are only like 4 machines on the freedom. Or is that a rumor

There are at least 4, two in Windjammer and two on the Promenade. Yhere may be another in the arcade.

Denise

Also Grandeur. :)

Freestyle also on Jewel. Total of 8 ships now.

I heard there are only 4 machines on freedom is this true . How hard is it to fill them and do u get free soda in dining room

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app