Will we ever get a price drop?

I booked a deluxe ocean view cabin on the Dream for 10/19/2014. I look every day and our price has held steady.

Do you more experienced cruisers know if I am just looking too early or are my chances slim to none considering the cabin category that is booked?

Thanks for your advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

personally I would look once a day or once every other day. you just wont know. there could be price drops tomorrow or next week or next month

if you dont get any price drops, be happy that you booked at the lowest price available for that cabin on that cruise

I did the same thing; we booked in December 2013 for our May 4, 2014 cruise and I looked everyday! NEVER got a price drop; when I was a week out I called our PVP and she said a lower price was never offered for our category

(8E)/balcony on the lido deck. If you don't get a price drop that just means you got the best price!

I'm in a lido balcony for a sept cruise on the Dream and have yet to see a price drop. I check about once a week. I joked with my PVP when I booked that I didn't anticipate many drops since the price was already so low and that if it fell much more I'd worry about them canceling the cruise ;)

Don't worry about it it just means you booked at a good price. I've never understood all the fascination with big price drops and OBC because all it means is that you gave Carnival too much money to begin with. Kind of like folks getting big tax refunds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Waterloomarc

My name is Kristin, and I am a mock-booking-aholic:o:o

We are in a Lido balcony, on the Breeze, in July.

We didn't book until March.

We've had over $1,000 in price drops since:eek::eek:

Granted, summer sailings are pricey.

But when we booked, it was a cabin for 3, the total was $4200.

We are down to 3100, and still almost 30 days before final is due.

Keep checking, especially as it gets closer.

Good Luck!!!:D

I booked a deluxe ocean view cabin on the Dream for 10/19/2014. I look every day and our price has held steady.

Do you more experienced cruisers know if I am just looking too early or are my chances slim to none considering the cabin category that is booked?

Thanks for your advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My son booked the Dream with some friends and they had porthole. The price for the deluxe ocean views were $300+ more. But later they were able to get one for only $50 or so more than they had paid for the porthole. Carnival opened up those ocean views to solo without the supplement. If they hadn't done that the price probably would have gone lower.

Last year we were on the Breeze. We booked it 23 months in advance and the price remained the same until 3 days before final payment, then it dropped $80. After final payment it dropped several times. We ended up with $610 in total OBC. So keep checking. I think the prices drops, if they are going to happen, usually come after final payment.

Sharon

I imagine the cabin categories with few cabins have the least amount of price drops, just like with aft balconies and such. The less cabins in a set category they have to sell, the lower the chances of the price dropping.

I imagine the cabin categories with few cabins have the least amount of price drops, just like with aft balconies and such. The less cabins in a set category they have to sell, the lower the chances of the price dropping.

I have to say, I am SHOCKED.

57 days to go for my cruise, and we still have 8 Lido balconies to price match to.

Fingers crossed that we see more drops.:D:D

Our experience:

We booked one year ago.

Prices started dropping for our category about 7 weeks before sailing.

We are now 4 weeks out until our cruise and have $147 in OBC for price drops. Unfortunately, our category is now sold out, and the next one up is more than $1,400 over what we paid.

My advice:

1. Check daily

2. Join the roll call

3. Encourage those on the roll call to report price drops.

Also, once they start rolling out the fall promotions, we may have the opportunity to take advantage of those to get price drops. We sail Oct. 26 on the Dream, booked late January. No drops yet. In fact, the raised the prices on the Interiors. I'm checking diligently and keeping fingers crossed for fall promotions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

If you dont get any a price drops then you got the best possible price available to you for the cabin and category you chose. ES is just a good insurance and not a guarantee you will get price drops or OBC:)

Also, once they start rolling out the fall promotions, we may have the opportunity to take advantage of those to get price drops. We sail Oct. 26 on the Dream, booked late January. No drops yet. In fact, the raised the prices on the Interiors. I'm checking diligently and keeping fingers crossed for fall promotions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thats what they do! raise the price before they lower it back to the normal fare and some think they are getting a bargain:)

Is this right? I've never had a good handle on the price drop/OBC rules.

In February, we booked the Breeze for July on what was called the "Nowisthetime" rate. In April, we noticed the cabin fare for the resident rate was $110 lower. We called Carnival and they adjusted our balance owing to that rate. This accelerated our final payment date, and we paid the full balance, which was about 3 weeks ago.

I now see that the fare for the "123 days of summer sale" is $700 less than we paid. Should we be able to get this price drop as OBC, or once we switched to the resident rate, did we stop being eligible for any further price drops?

Is this right? I've never had a good handle on the price drop/OBC rules.

In February, we booked the Breeze for July on what was called the "Nowisthetime" rate. In April, we noticed the cabin fare for the resident rate was $110 lower. We called Carnival and they adjusted our balance owing to that rate. This accelerated our final payment date, and we paid the full balance, which was about 3 weeks ago.

I now see that the fare for the "123 days of summer sale" is $700 less than we paid. Should we be able to get this price drop as OBC, or once we switched to the resident rate, did we stop being eligible for any further price drops?

If you are not Early Saver and are past final payment you are not entitled to any price drops!

Now is The Time sale had a 30 day final payment with some fares so you might have got the drop if you had not switched fares because you would still be before final payment.:(

Carnival is very cleaver, that is why if available you should book ES because once ES always ES so a rate change to resident rate would still give you ES benefits. ES wasnt available I dont think? for your cruise when you booked it under the first sale so you can see how cleaver Carnival is!

Edited by fishtaco

Keep checking OP. It only takes a minute or two. I check several times a day even though I booked the last cabin in my category, so its been sold out for months. I don't care. I keep checking. And I check for my sister's cabin, which isn't sold out. Yeah we were happy with the price to begin with blah, blah. I would be happiER with some OBC!:D

I feel your pain!! I am booked on the Magic for Oct 19th. I check at least every other day and the price has only gone up. But with my past cruises I've noticed price drops closer to the sail date. Fingers crossed we can both score some OBC. :D

Oh and I'll see ya in Cozumel!! (Dream and Magic will be in port the same day)

I'm on the Freedom b2b in September and one cruise has gone up but I've had a small price drop of $50 on the other one. From other posts it would appear that the prices go up before a promotion starts. I'm hoping that's the same for all our cruises and when the new fall promotion starts all our prices come down!

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination 2013

Triumph 2008

Pride 2007

Miracle 2006

We are on the same Dream cruise in an Ocean Suite! I too have been checking every other day or so just out of curiosity. I am happy with the rate we got but it would sure be nice to get a lower one :-)

If you are not Early Saver and are past final payment you are not entitled to any price drops!

Now is The Time sale had a 30 day final payment with some fares so you might have got the drop if you had not switched fares because you would still be before final payment.:(

Carnival is very cleaver, that is why if available you should book ES because once ES always ES so a rate change to resident rate would still give you ES benefits. ES wasnt available I dont think? for your cruise when you booked it under the first sale so you can see how cleaver Carnival is!

Thanks for the explanation.

So if I understand the rules correctly, regardless of the rate category, you're eligible for a price drop before final payment if there is a lower rate you qualify for, but only ES allows for further price drops after final payment?

When we booked NowIsTheTime in Feb, the final payment date was June 5. When we applied for the first $100 price drop last month, what we were doing (without knowing it) was disqualifying ourselves from future price drops. Had we known, we could have chosen to roll the dice, not applied for the price drop, and we would have been able to get the larger drop now (because it would have been before the final payment date), right?

With Carnival... you don't never know. BUT, it has been my experience at least that prices tend to drop closer to the sail date if they are not filling up. I assumed you booked early saver?