Freedom Class Aft JR Suites ????

We really wanted the Aft Balcony 1700, but it has already been taken, so we are looking at jumping into the JS next door, JS 7712.

Are the Aft JS as large or larger than the Port or Starboard JS?

Are there any obstructions that would block views on this balcony?

Does the ship rock, roll or shift moreso in the aft as opposed to midship?

I've placed a 24 hr hold on the aft JS hoping to get a few responses to assist us in the cabin selection.

Thanks.

We were just in that room on Independence then switched for second cruise midship. I LOVE aft but in this room there is a lot of metal obstruction that keeps you very far from the water. It felt like we were more inside the ship if that makes sense. Also the closet was much smaller and room slightly smaller. I wouldn't choose it again unless it was the only junior suite choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had 7414 last March and loved it. Yes the closet was a bit smaller. Didn't notice any difference in the room. Still way more space than a balcony. You do see the steel superstructure but it's not like it's totally blocking your view. The balcony that is 2 to 3 times the size of the regular JS balconies easily makes up for the other drawbacks.

We have 7712 booked for Christmas on the Liberty.

This was our aft 1400 corner suite on the Freedom a few years back. It was huge. It didn't have the obstruction right in our view when looking out (which I liked). I'm sure a junior suite is even better even though this was as big as other jr suites we've had on RC.

Enjoy..

Edited by Esmerelda

Cabin 1700 is on deck 10. Cabin 7712 is on deck 7. 1702 is next to 1700. There is no superstructure to interfere with your view from deck 10. This is the view from 1700 [ATTACH]312206[/ATTACH][ATTACH]312207[/ATTACH]

You are correct. I completely missed on this. The balconies that are available on Deck 10 Aft are, 1702, 1704, & 1404.

Do you recall if there were any obstucted views on these cabins?

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

You are correct. I completely missed on this. The balconies that are available on Deck 10 Aft are, 1702, 1704, & 1404.

Do you recall if there were any obstucted views on these cabins?

From deck ten you can't see straight down into the ocean, but when you have a balcony with lounge chairs on it, how often are you going to want to do that. Cabin 1400 and 1700 are almost as big as a JS, they just have a little corner of the room cut off. The closet and bath room are the same size as a regular balcony cabin. I think, for the money, these are the 2 best balconies on the ship. Very quiet, and only one deck down from the windjammer and the pool. The aft balconies are amazing, I would not hesitate to book an aft balcony on any deck, on any ship. Don't let what RCI considers an obstructed view, worry you. When your lounging on your balcony, in a lounge chair, with a drink in your hand (hopefully with a lime in it) you won't even notice the superstructure that may or may not be there. These other photos are also cabin 1700. ImageUploadedByForums1399809254.209054.jpg.d0f90ff52c4efe9bd0d3b4a1a3d579df.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1399809223.940804.jpg.cf260b36d94d1fca2f80016191d46217.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1399809233.942855.jpg.76f1056afc8ec3b77ea38a2188fd1485.jpg

If it's deck 10 and not 7, I would definitely grab it. You'll have a great balcony, privacy (no one above you) and you won't hear any noise from Windjammer. You won't have any obstructed view from the superstructure up there, and I much prefer looking through the railings than the often dirty plexiglass on the side balconies

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If it's deck 10 and not 7, I would definitely grab it. You'll have a great balcony, privacy (no one above you) and you won't hear any noise from Windjammer. You won't have any obstructed view from the superstructure up there, and I much prefer looking through the railings than the often dirty plexiglass on the side balconies

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I forgot about not having the dirty plexiglass. That plexiglass restricts your view more than anything

We've never cruised with an AFT D1 or JS. So we wanted to try it out etc. This cruise does not embark for another 644 days thus the availability I guess. We were able to book and get a great rate w/ the BOGHO sale. Thanks for all the help everyone. The TA is not open this morning so I was able to place 1702 on courtesy hold thru RCCL. I hope to wrap this up tomorrow morning.