Need Help Picking Cabin on the Navigator!!

LEtue

I'm hoping some you expert cruisers will be able to help me figure out my best option. It seems RCI was busy assigning cabins this weekend for our Navigator Thanksgiving cruise and I don't like where I ended up. I have never sailed on a Voyager class ship so I'm having trouble identifying open spaces on the deck plans.

If you have stayed in one of these cabins (or somewhere close by) I would love to have your advise or hear your opinion on where to move. Thanks in advance!!!

Currently booked in: 7529

Only Other Options: 8231 or 7657

I haven't sailed in any of these cabins, but I can give you some input simply based on the deckplans. Cabins 7529 and 8231 are about the same quality. both are sandwiched between passenger decks above and below so you shouldn't have noise issues from music in a lounge or anything like that. Both are far enough forward that you shouldn't have much foot traffic in your hallways to create noise issues. Both are conveniently located somewhat close to the forward elevators/stairs, but neither are right next to them (which could potentially create noise from passengers returning to their cabins at the end of the night). The only negative (which is only a slight issue if you are having smooth seas) would be that the front of the ship tends to have a bit more noticable movement than elsewhere on the ship. In rough seas the whole ship is going to be moving! In calm seas I don't usually notice too much movement anywhere on Voyager-class ships (like Navigator), but I notice the slight movement in the front of the ship more than anywhere else. Now, the other cabin, 7657, is in my opinion, a tad better than the prior two. It has all the good qualities of the two forward cabins but is located in an area that typically has less movement than the foreward part of the ship. It is not quite as convenient to the aft elevator/stairs as the other two cabins are to the forward elevator/stairs, but it is close enough that you won't have a loooooong hike back and forth. If I was choosing, I would go with 7657, but for an inside cabin, I don't think any of them are really bad choices. Another factor to consider is that the foreward cabins are closer to the Cafe Promenade (for light snacks, coffee, etc...) and closer to the main show theater. The other cabin toward the aft is closer to the main dining and the Windjammer as well as the Library and internet cafe if that makes any difference to you. Good luck deciding! Either choice will be terrific!

Bonnie ~ thanks so much for the quick response!

I wasn't sure about that large area near 7657 and couldn't tell if it was landing area of the staircase or just a large open area where people may congregate.

I definitely prefer the aft area and if the elevators are farther away - so much the better ;) There is always some extra calories to burn off :D

I'm really looking forward to my first Voyage class ship!

That area you are referring to is not an open area. It is enclosed and is probably a crew (cabin stewards) storage area of some sort. I don't think it will be anything that will disturb you. The crew isn't usually around after they've done the turn-down service for the night and don't show back up again till morning. I usually book my own cabins in the aft section of most ships. I have been right next to crew stairwells and crew storage closets and have never been disturbed in any way. You should be fine too!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived