In room liquor consumption

GRACECRUISE

We are heading out on a cruise in July. I got my dad a beverage card to enjoy in the crows nest and also want to get my folks a bottle for their cabin. I am thinking of just putting a cabin credit on for it with a note and letting him order it once on board. When he orders a bottle on board, will be the same price as if I bought it as an indulgence and had it delivered to their cabin?

Thanks for the info.

Depending upon where you are boarding, if you order the liquor in advance, request delivery at sea so that you won't be charged tax. Some ports (Port Everglades) charge a Florida tax if the liquor is delivered in port..... sometimes. We have read here when there was an error and they forgot to charge the tax.

We always order a couple bottles in advance and request 'at sea' delivery. It is always in the cabin (Neptune suite) when we board and we have never been taxed. I cannot imagine that cabin class plays any role. Of course we hope Florida beverage agents don't board with us, because I do understand the difference between 'at boarding' and 'at sea.' :D

Dennis