Chair lift

seashinesunshine

Can someone tell me about the chair lift to the beach in Roatan? I watched a couple of Youtube videos and as someone who grew up on chair lifts on snowy mountains, (uh hills, I skied in Minnesota :D ) it is really strange to see one down there, esp with people coming back at you.

How Much does it cost?

How long is the ride?

What beach is at the end?

Is it a good snorkeling beach?

Can you walk to or from that beach?

If snorkeling is not good there, is there another beach close by that you can walk to?

Haven't been there before but plan to be there next January.

Thanks in Advance for any insight.

The chair lift to the beach at the Mahogany Bay beach terminal area cost around $10 pp ... all day bracelet as often as you wish. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes ... depending on how many people they're letting on & off. It goes just over the tree tops with nice views of the ship. We rather enjoyed taking it.

It's an easy about 10 minute walk on a very nice boardwalk with benches to either side in case you get tired.

The beach there is man made but quite pretty. The chairs are at n/c. There's a very nice bar/restaurant (pay for those things). Nice beach for swimming but not a place to snorkel. You'd need to take a taxi or book an excursion to do that.

LuLu

15-20 minutes to ride that thing?!:eek:

Is that when there's a line? We've walked from Fat Tuesdays to the beach and another couple rode the chair lift. We got there just before they did. Leisurely walking but not dallying around. If we were walking 5 minutes it was 3 minutes too slow.

If snorkeling is the goal, Mahogany Bay is not the answer. There are no beaches within walking distance of Mahogany Bay. If you wish good reef snorkeling from the beach your best bet is West Bay Beach where Tabyana is located.

If snorkeling is the goal, Mahogany Bay is not the answer. There are no beaches within walking distance of Mahogany Bay. If you wish good reef snorkeling from the beach your best bet is West Bay Beach where Tabyana is located.

But, in response to the 2nd part of the OP's question, you cannot walk there from MBCC. You'll need to take a ship excursion or hire a taxi.

But, in response to the 2nd part of the OP's question, you cannot walk there from MBCC. You'll need to take a ship excursion or hire a taxi.

My apolgies if I was unclear.. I thought perhaps this "There are no beaches within walking distance of Mahogany Bay." made it crystal. :)

Cheers!