Anyone on the Epic now?

How does it work? Do I carry the wine around? That seems odd. What about bringing it to a restaurant?

Thanks.

They give you slips of paper which you hand in whenever you want a bottle. You can collect them from any bar or restaurant, although if you are at a bar then they may have to go elsewhere to get the bottle.

In case you didn't know, at a restaurant they will also store your bottle if you don't finish it. Again they give you a receipt and you can collect it next time at any restaurant.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for posting these!

you may be able to answer a question for me. We are embarking in Civitavecchia. There is reference on page 1 of the "Day 4" daily to a Complementary Shuttle Bus, that is "a short distance away from the main entrance to the port".

Was this shuttle station relatively easy to find relative to the port entrance? I've read some random reports that it can be hard to find the right shuttle in Civitavecchia.

If you can shed any light it would be appreciated!

Hi Keith,

Thanks for posting these!

you may be able to answer a question for me. We are embarking in Civitavecchia. There is reference on page 1 of the "Day 4" daily to a Complementary Shuttle Bus, that is "a short distance away from the main entrance to the port".

Was this shuttle station relatively easy to find relative to the port entrance? I've read some random reports that it can be hard to find the right shuttle in Civitavecchia.

If you can shed any light it would be appreciated!

kmurph, I urge you to go review the forum for Italy and look for recent postings about the shuttle bus situation at Civitavecchia. There is apparently some construction at the port being one right now that has temporarily changed the location of where the busses are located. How are you planning on getting to the port? A taxi or car service will probably know the process and locations. If you're coming in yourself via train, the walk from the train station is apparently about 2x as far as it normally is. Depending on the situation when you go, this may or may not apply to you.

Here is a link to one post about the topic: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038511

Edited by MeHeartCruising

oh wow thanks! I do go to the port boards periodically but I guess it's been a few weeks....

we are planning to walk from our hotel (the San Giorgio) which is only a few blocks from the port. They do have a shuttle service available too, for a fee...

I will check out the Italy board and see what's up in Civitavecchia!

oh wow thanks! I do go to the port boards periodically but I guess it's been a few weeks....

we are planning to walk from our hotel (the San Giorgio) which is only a few blocks from the port. They do have a shuttle service available too, for a fee...

I will check out the Italy board and see what's up in Civitavecchia!

Yes, it does appear that the shuttle is currently located a bit further away than previously.

The walk from the station to the old shuttle drop off was extremely easy (I've never done it with bags though). I don't know what the extra distance is like for walking though. Hopefully it is similar to the rest.