Online Dynamic Dining Reservations Open for Quantum!!!

Here's my comments that I wrote on another thread.

This dynamic dining process is a disaster. My cruise is Feb. 2, 2016 and was trying to get a 6pm for the complementary dining venues and system tells me that no time is available and to check on-board. Called the DD # and the rep. was wonderful and was able to get the earliest time available of 6:45pm. A couple of nites at Grande and Silk got 5:45pm. Tried to get Jamie's for any of the 11 nites of cruising, and the earliest available is 8:30pm--that's nuts! What galls me is that I e-mailed RCCL dining on April 9, with a request to open our reservations prior to May 15th as my spouse is diabetic and was told "don't worry you should have no problem with the early times." As the saying goes, if someone says not to worry, then you should be really really worried.

I'm so disappointed in this process and probably will never sail on a ship that has DD.

Same thing out of all the slots available for complimentary venues only 2 slots are left on the one day. I called and they couldn't access my one reservation and then tried the other with the same paultry results. They claim that it is only open for suite guests right now but when I asked if they were holding slots back I got a firm NO. When I quested the lack of availability already when no one has started to book yet, they said that you may not get your desired time but their will be enough. No comment when I once again said 2 slots remain for an entire night. Really pitiful showing from Royal Caribbean. If IT glitched and should not have opened they should be taking it down quickly and admitting it.

Here's my comments that I wrote on another thread.

This dynamic dining process is a disaster. My cruise is Feb. 2, 2016 and was trying to get a 6pm for the complementary dining venues and system tells me that no time is available and to check on-board. Called the DD # and the rep. was wonderful and was able to get the earliest time available of 6:45pm. A couple of nites at Grande and Silk got 5:45pm. Tried to get Jamie's for any of the 11 nites of cruising, and the earliest available is 8:30pm--that's nuts! What galls me is that I e-mailed RCCL dining on April 9, with a request to open our reservations prior to May 15th as my spouse is diabetic and was told "don't worry you should have no problem with the early times." As the saying goes, if someone says not to worry, then you should be really really worried.

I'm so disappointed in this process and probably will never sail on a ship that has DD.

I'm assuming you meant Feb 2015 by your signature. They don't even have all the time slots available to book yet. The system has blocked off multiple time slots to be opened on May 15th so I can see why the rep can't get the times you want. Also, "What galls me is that I e-mailed RCCL dining on April 9, with a request to open our reservations prior to May 15th as my spouse is diabetic and was told "don't worry you should have no problem with the early times." Did you really expect them to open dining to you because of that? Times will be available when they open. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that early times will be gone in 15 minutes when booking opens. There are plenty of times with plenty of seats. Do a "Woooo-saaa". Everything will be ok.

As for everyone trying to book dining now and appalled at the times. Please realize your "in" 3 days early. Let's wait to rage at RCCL when you're actually supposed to be able to book.

Edited by hitaway4

Same thing out of all the slots available for complimentary venues only 2 slots are left on the one day. I called and they couldn't access my one reservation and then tried the other with the same paultry results. They claim that it is only open for suite guests right now but when I asked if they were holding slots back I got a firm NO. When I quested the lack of availability already when no one has started to book yet, they said that you may not get your desired time but their will be enough. No comment when I once again said 2 slots remain for an entire night. Really pitiful showing from Royal Caribbean. If IT glitched and should not have opened they should be taking it down quickly and admitting it.

I don't get as to why they opened the reservations prior to the 15th. I only found out by a going thread on the regular CC Royal board. The RCL rep was understanding and she was having a tough go trying to book my times. She was frustrated with the lack of available times at Jamie's Italian restaurant. I finally told thanks and to forget it.

I don't get as to why they opened the reservations prior to the 15th. I only found out by a going thread on the regular CC Royal board. The RCL rep was understanding and she was having a tough go trying to book my times. She was frustrated with the lack of available times at Jamie's Italian restaurant. I finally told thanks and to forget it.

I called back hoping to get someone a little more understanding (actually listening and not angry). He believed the same thing as me. They opened it up early by accident and did not change the amount released. He confirmed the the prerelease bookings were limited in allotment. He told me to book what ever I could if it was what I wanted, but not to worry and wait until the 15th when lots would open up.

For me no entertainment shows. Maybe it's the sailing though. He was not informed of anything about entertainment and was last told it would open about a week or so after DD.

<<If you can't schedule entertainment what's the point of scheduling dining?

It's not ready.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...dining_options

The ship dining information even lists Main Dining Room>>

This link is obviously not updated. It also lists Boardwalk Donuts, and I'm pretty sure there is no Boardwalk on this ship...

I'm assuming you meant Feb 2015 by your signature. They don't even have all the time slots available to book yet. The system has blocked off multiple time slots to be opened on May 15th so I can see why the rep can't get the times you want. Also, "What galls me is that I e-mailed RCCL dining on April 9, with a request to open our reservations prior to May 15th as my spouse is diabetic and was told "don't worry you should have no problem with the early times." Did you really expect them to open dining to you because of that? Times will be available when they open. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that early times will be gone in 15 minutes when booking opens. There are plenty of times with plenty of seats. Do a "Woooo-saaa". Everything will be ok.

As for everyone trying to book dining now and appalled at the times. Please realize your "in" 3 days early. Let's wait to rage at RCCL when you're actually supposed to be able to book.

Agreed....we're in a bit early, so let's chill a bit.

I can understand what you are saying, but these reps are the same folks that were able to assign dining times to the randomly selected Paxs'. To me it just doesn't wash unless IT screwed up and the system cannot handle the horde.

Ps. You're correct it is 2015.

Gotta love Dynamic Dining. After just 4 hours I've managed to finally get reservations for every night. Plus since it's so Dynamic I decided to never book a single night at the time I wanted, instead opting for 2-3 hours later than I would ever eat. :rolleyes:

<<If you can't schedule entertainment what's the point of scheduling dining?

It's not ready.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...dining_options

The ship dining information even lists Main Dining Room>>

This link is obviously not updated. It also lists Boardwalk Donuts, and I'm pretty sure there is no Boardwalk on this ship...

Why is it obvious?? This is a brand new page, it remains to be seen. The deck plans for 3-4 deck aft are still not complete and now the Quantum is going to China.

It was also obvious Quantum would stay at Port Liberty.

But I agree it's highly unlikely. Just sayin' it's there on the website.

Gotta love Dynamic Dining. After just 4 hours I've managed to finally get reservations for every night. Plus since it's so Dynamic I decided to never book a single night at the time I wanted, instead opting for 2-3 hours later than I would ever eat. :rolleyes:

That would be funny if it wasn't so sad that RCCL can't design a web site that works. They must be using the same company the designed the web site for the ACA. (Affordable Care Act)

DW was on the phone with the very nice and very understanding Dynamic Dining agent this PM. According to the very nice agent this is not going well and there are many unhappy cruisers. But, it all be better on the 15th when the full site goes live. :rolleyes:

I've kind if finished booking entertainment and dining, but...

Two questions:

1) no reservation times anywhere on any day between 7:30 and 9:00? are they withholding, or are we just screwed for getting to the party "late"?

2) I thought there were more vegetarian options at these restaurants (at least two apps and mains). Did the menus change or was I just crazy a couple of months ago??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've kind if finished booking entertainment and dining, but...

Two questions:

1) no reservation times anywhere on any day between 7:30 and 9:00? are they withholding, or are we just screwed for getting to the party "late"?

2) I thought there were more vegetarian options at these restaurants (at least two apps and mains). Did the menus change or was I just crazy a couple of months ago??

1) I called twice. First person argued with me and stated that these were it. No answer when questioned about one night only showing 2 time slots available out of all 4 free venues and eventually gave a rather rude response that you can't always get the choice you want and have to be flexible. (guess the dynamic aspect is on us not them) Second person couldn't believe that this would be it and felt that IT messed up opening the system early without expanding the availability beyond the amount allotted for the test reservations. He recommended waiting for the 15th and hopefully more will open up.

2) I double checked the menus again because I thought they were lacking during the initial announcement and they said changes may be coming. These are identical to the original. Only change is that they now have a disclaimer that says to ask you waiter about vegetarian and gluten free options. Most likely those are part of the standard alternative menu we haven't seen yet.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Finished my 10 days worth of reservations and was able to get 6:45 and 5:45 each night....Hopefully linking my sister's reservation worked cause before I could atleast print mine, the system crashed. Fingers crossed. Took me about an hour on-line.

1) I called twice. First person argued with me and stated that these were it. No answer when questioned about one night only showing 2 time slots available out of all 4 free venues and eventually gave a rather rude response that you can't always get the choice you want and have to be flexible. (guess the dynamic aspect is on us not them) Second person couldn't believe that this would be it and felt that IT messed up opening the system early without expanding the availability beyond the amount allotted for the test reservations. He recommended waiting for the 15th and hopefully more will open up.

2) I double checked the menus again because I thought they were lacking during the initial announcement and they said changes may be coming. These are identical to the original. Only change is that they now have a disclaimer that says to ask you waiter about vegetarian and gluten free options. Most likely those are part of the standard alternative menu we haven't seen yet.

Thank you!

1) I was thinking along the same lines. Hopefully that's the case!

2) Oh well. Hopefully the vegetarian options aren't too limited!

What I like most about cruising is the fact that it's hassle free. It's the one time of the year I don't have to be involved with scheduling and decision making once I complete my original reservation. My biggest decision during a cruise is which entree to order at meals.

If I didn't have family that had already booked with me and are looking forward to the Quantum (I'm scheduling dining and shows for the 3 cabins) I would have cancelled. As it is, I have booked my next cruise on a different line and plan never to sail RCCL again. In my humble opinion, the personal caring service on RCCL is a thing of the past.

Edited by prudon

What I like most about cruising is the fact that it's hassle free. It's the one time of the year I don't have to be involved with scheduling and decision making once I complete my original reservation. My biggest decision during a cruise is which entree to order at meals.

If I didn't have family that had already booked with me and are looking forward to the Quantum (I'm scheduling dining and shows for the 3 cabins) I would have cancelled. As it is, I have booked my next cruise on a different line and plan never to sail RCCL again. In my humble opinion, the personal caring service on RCCL is a thing of the past.

Great post. Booking dining and entertainment for an eleven day cruise is not my idea of a relaxing time, never again. I won't sail on this type of cruise again.

Having trouble trying to change a reservation. Trying to Cancel Silk and book Chops but it wont accept any credit cards. They must not have turned on the portal to verify credit cards yet.

Did you try what this poster suggested the other day? "FIGURED IT OUT.

To get your payment to go through..

On the last screen of payment:

Only enter the numeric digits in your address (Dont enter the street name)

and your city can only be 15 digits long (just omit some letters)

They have some ill-imformed people doing their coding and they have limits on the lengths of the fields causing the error.

This really has no impact as the credit card only matches the numeric values anyway when authorizing the card."

I did it and believe it or not, it worked for me!