Is There An Air Conditioning Issue In Stateroom?

Shadow205

I was reading cruise reviews and read the following comment in a review of the Getaway. I have never seen this mentioned before. Has anyone else had this experience?

"couldn't figure out how to keep cool air going throughout night. Had to keep getting up to push the button which activated the a/c."

Could it also be that the balcony door was not closed and locked? Don't know exactly how it works on the Getaway, but if they have an auto-off mechanism, sometimes the balcony door has to be actually locked for the AC to stay on..

Robin

That's good to know - I never would have thought of that! Now I know where my card will live while I'm in the cabin!

Lots of folks use expired store gift cards, library cards, things like that, so that you never forget to take the key card with you, and you can leave it there so the a/c stays in cool mode while gone. That does tend to defeat the "green" aspect of the a/c system, but to each their own.

Could it also be that the balcony door was not closed and locked? Don't know exactly how it works on the Getaway, but if they have an auto-off mechanism, sometimes the balcony door has to be actually locked for the AC to stay on..

Robin

That's the other possibility, and the second half of the "green" initiative. I believe that all NCL ships have the balcony door interlocked to the a/c.

We had an inside cabin on the Breakaway and had the same problem. The key was in the slot, but the a/c kept re-setting for a much lower temp. than we had set.

So it got colder than you wanted? That would be strange, as the set-back (empty cabin is not shut off, just set to a higher setting) normally goes higher. I believe they are all activated by the magnetic stripe on the card, so if its in the wrong way, it might not recognize the card.

So it got colder than you wanted? That would be strange, as the set-back (empty cabin is not shut off, just set to a higher setting) normally goes higher. I believe they are all activated by the magnetic stripe on the card, so if its in the wrong way, it might not recognize the card.

No need for correct mag stripe. I have used my Pet Smart card on 2 Breakaway and 1 Getaway cruises. No issues.

Sorry, I meant to say higher

Did they have their key card or some type of card in the slot just inside the door? This is required to keep the a/c on.

It's possible they thought they had to remove the card at night to turn off the lights, which would then turn off everything. That was one thing that I noticed, there was not much info on how to work the lights in the cabin. Luckily my sister is a little smarter than I, and figured it out quickly :-)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

It's possible they thought they had to remove the card at night to turn off the lights, which would then turn off everything. That was one thing that I noticed, there was not much info on how to work the lights in the cabin. Luckily my sister is a little smarter than I, and figured it out quickly :-)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

No, I didn't think I had to pull the card to shut the lights off. We had an inside cabin and it was pitch black without the lights, so there was at least one light on day and night while we were in the cabin.