Breakfast - MDR or Buffet?

JandKMom

Can you ask for room service delivery at a specific time....for example, call the night before and order XXXXX for a 7:30am delivery? or is that asking for too much?

How crowded is Blu at breakfast?

Never a wait in blu for breakfast on our 10 day hawaii cruise. Food comes pretty fast too.

it's kind of funny....a year ago, someone would have injected their favorite breakfast spot was the aqua spa cafe....in fact it used to be our choice. How times have changed....we don't even consider that option any more.

I couldn't agree more. Our breakfast used to consist of healthy alternatives from Aqua Spa. Our former options were unavailable this last time.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on Summit and wrote about how (from my vantage point) the buffet was a disaster, but to each his own. IF I were advising a friend here’s what I’d say based on the current Summit buffet:

If you get to breakfast before 8am, it’s not too crowded. You’ll have time to find everything you need without getting skunked in long lines. If you are eating after 8am, I’d avoid the buffet and just be happy with MDR or room service.

On my next cruise, and yes I would cruise X again, I will not do the buffet unless it’s early in the morning. No way.

Our only beef with the MDR for breakfast are the express breakfast options. They're prepared ahead of time but we found the eggs to be runny and/or cold. Never had a problem ordering off the menu, even if it takes longer. If you have the time, it's a nice option.

Otherwise, we like what we call self-service room service. We head up to the buffet and load up a plate or two of food, then bring it back to the cabin to enjoy it on the balcony. The regular room service options tend to be cold and often incorrect, in our experience.