Haven Spa Suite Booked!

jfried8

Wait... Does 14130 on the Breakaway also have a pole? That's not a good look!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It also had pipes (sewer?? water drains??) outside on the balcony that ours did not. I actually didn't notice the pole until the last night (wasn't in their room other than to pull into port once or twice), but thought it was very ugly. You can see the drains on my mother's balcony. Ours definitely didn't have them. Neither one (poles inside, drains outside) is a good look in my opinion.

14130:

ry%3D400

14728:

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

Edited by ksimpso3

I'm taking my girlfriend on her first cruise in August. We are taking the Breakaway to Bermuda! We started with booking a guarantee balcony, then went to a bump out, then an aft... And finally just upgraded to a Haven Spa Suite! It's my first time in a suite on any cruise line and her first cruise overall. Should we be psyched? I literally can't wait! Anyone stay in one of these? I'd love for your feedback!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I did exactly the same thing on our cruise. It was Celebrity. I started with Concierge, moved to Aqua and then upped the ante to a Sky Suite. I almost when to the Celebrity, but just before I upgraded again, it was gone! Yes, a suite is cool, it gives you nice extras and there is nothing better than breakfast in the morning either in the cabin or on the balcony.

Personally, I keep really loving the either of the Owner Suites. I know the deluxe has no balcony, but floor to ceiling windows are cool. The "plain" Owner suite has TWO balconies. OMG, to have such problems.

:p

• 3 weeks later...
We just changed to 14140...thanks for the help guys!

Just a heads up for you - cabin 14140 also has the pole in front of the jacuzzi and the drain pipes are all visable on the port side. Also, right across the hall from this cabin is the crew/service elevators. We heard the doors slamming a few times - but it wasn't that big of a deal for us. If these are issues for you....you may want to see if you can change to starboard. ;)

Wait really! So which cabins on the port side have no pole?

I am going to take a guess at this and say none. If the port side has the drain pipes all along the outside then I would bet that all of those cabins have the pole. Unless someone else chimes in and says otherwise, that is my guess.

• 3 weeks later...
Just a heads up for you - cabin 14140 also has the pole in front of the jacuzzi and the drain pipes are all visable on the port side. Also, right across the hall from this cabin is the crew/service elevators. We heard the doors slamming a few times - but it wasn't that big of a deal for us. If these are issues for you....you may want to see if you can change to starboard. ;)

I saw some videos of 14136 and 14128 and no pole. Only picture I have seen with pole is 14130? I am staying in 14140 and friends are staying in 14142 - I don't believe there is a pole in either cabin- I will let you know for sure after my cruise in Aug

• 8 months later...
I like the forward, port side because it feels natural, like driving a giant car. 14132 is close to the stairs and elevators, a big plus. Deck 15 is the Mandara Spa, 16 is the Haven restaurant / pool, and 17 is the Haven private deck, very much appreciated.

The balconies are narrow, only about 36 inches. There are 2 standard chairs and a small table suitable for cocktails.

Wind can be a problem if the ship is sailing into rather than with the wind. Hard to predict in advance. We tended to use the balcony when in port.

Do you have pictures of your room? Did it have a pole in front of the Jacuzzi? Was the room noisy?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
We might switch to 14728, but it's right under the fitness center. Is there noise from the fitness center?

We stayed in 14728 and I think I only heard noise from fitness center one afternoon when we stopped by our room. Other than that, it was a very quiet room.

• 8 months later...