Doing the Happy Dance, but it's not what you think.....

KPfromCT

Some of you may remember, a couple of months back, I started a post about asking Carnival to contact a passenger to see if they would be willing to switch cabins.

Our friends booked late, and at the time, there were no connecting balconies on the Lido. There was one cabin between us.:(

Unfortunately, that cabin was a QUAD, and we are just a TRIO.:o

Well, low and behold, the same exact two cabins we had last year on the Breeze, just became available.

It all worked out.

No fees/penalties to change, as it was 8F to 8F.

Just wanted to share/update.
We are BEYOND thrilled!!!!:D:D

Hope to works out for you.

We have sailed with friends a few items and one time it was with cabins next to each other. It was kind of awkward as we had the balcony divider open. The agreement was to keep the door closed unless we wanted to socialize. The problem was that the door swing was into their side. They always kept it open and we never wanted to go to close it because it have been intruding. Thing was we never really enjoyed the balcony together as everyone stayed on their side, we just didn't feel as if we had the late night privacy.

Then we have to be very careful about what we talked about as we didn't know if they could hear us. The talk wasn't about them but about our family, finances and etc. Personal stuff that we didnt want them to know.

Sometimes you have to be careful on what you wish for as you may get it.

Hopefully it will workout better for you but for us we needed a little more seperatio.

These are our BEST friends!!!! We ALWAYS get adjoining balconies. The guys like to smoke their cigars out there at night. Or after we come back from Port we like to have a drink out there. I seriously feel like I hit the lottery. I don't expect anyone to be as excited as I am for me, but I'm excited!!!!! It would just be weird to have a cabin between us. Lol

Ha We r on the Splendor 9/27 with our very good friends who are 1st time cruisers. Got two AFT balcony's with one room inbetween us 6487 & 6491 . Initially i was a bit gutted :( however having read this thread think I'm quite relieved.

Yeah if wanna socialize on the balcony its about five steps right, if we don't we hopefully don;t need to whisper too much :D

Each to their own though and if u wanted adjoining rooms congratz :)

[quote name='KPfromCT']Some of you may remember, a couple of months back, I started a post about asking Carnival to contact a passenger to see if they would be willing to switch cabins.

Our friends booked late, and at the time, there were no connecting balconies on the Lido. There was one cabin between us.:(

Unfortunately, that cabin was a QUAD, and we are just a TRIO.:o

Well, low and behold, the same exact two cabins we had last year on the Breeze, just became available.

It all worked out.

No fees/penalties to change, as it was 8F to 8F.

Just wanted to share/update.
We are BEYOND thrilled!!!!:D:D[/QUOTE]

See good things do come for those who patiently wait.

Glad it worked out. Do be careful though if you have the adjoining cabins with the door between them. Those doors are super thin and you can hear everything said in the next cabin. I know they are you friends, but nothing can ruin a good friendship like something taken out of context because the whole conversation wasn't heard.

[quote name='KPfromCT']These are our BEST friends!!!! We ALWAYS get adjoining balconies. The guys like to smoke their cigars out there at night. Or after we come back from Port we like to have a drink out there. I seriously feel like I hit the lottery. I don't expect anyone to be as excited as I am for me, but I'm excited!!!!! It would just be weird to have a cabin between us. Lol[/quote]

Great news, am excited for you. We also cruise with our BEST friends next door with the divider open. Makes for a great time. One of the reasons we cruise Carnival is they open the dividers where other lines do not.

[quote name='miched']hope to works out for you.

We have sailed with friends a few items and one time it was with cabins next to each other. It was kind of awkward as we had the balcony divider open. The agreement was to keep the door closed unless we wanted to socialize. The problem was that the door swing was into their side. They always kept it open and we never wanted to go to close it because it have been intruding. Thing was we never really enjoyed the balcony together as everyone stayed on their side, we just didn't feel as if we had the late night privacy.

Then we have to be very careful about what we talked about as we didn't know if they could hear us. The talk wasn't about them but about our family, finances and etc. Personal stuff that we didnt want them to know.

Sometimes you have to be careful on what you wish for as you may get it.

Hopefully it will workout better for you but for us we needed a little more seperatio.[/quote]

agree

I know how you feel. We booked a cruise for this August on the Dream. We couldn't get two cabins side by side and we were sad :(

But two days ago I was looking at Carnival and whoo hoo a cabin besides our best friends opened up. I called Carnival and snatched it up and now we are side by side. We were neighbors for 15 years and had an open door policy for all the kids and adults to come in and out. So sharing the balcony and leaving the middle open will not change anything between us.

Enjoy your vacation and your friends. IT is awesome sharing a great vacation with others.

Kathy:)

[quote name='sailor_jimc']Glad it worked out. Do be careful though if you have the adjoining cabins with the door between them. Those doors are super thin and you can hear everything said in the next cabin. I know they are you friends, but nothing can ruin a good friendship like something taken out of context because the whole conversation wasn't heard.[/quote]

The cabins are not adjoining, just next door.
Also, we both have our 15yo DD's with us, so not worried about hearing strange noises during the night:eek::eek:

[quote name='Bobkat26']I know how you feel. We booked a cruise for this August on the Dream. We couldn't get two cabins side by side and we were sad :(

But two days ago I was looking at Carnival and whoo hoo a cabin besides our best friends opened up. I called Carnival and snatched it up and now we are side by side. We were neighbors for 15 years and had an open door policy for all the kids and adults to come in and out. So sharing the balcony and leaving the middle open will not change anything between us.

Enjoy your vacation and your friends. IT is awesome sharing a great vacation with others.

Kathy:)[/quote]

This is exactly US:D:D
We have been best friends with this couple since high school.
Had our daughters 9 months apart.
Not worried about what they hear, or what we hear.
We know each others lives inside and out.
lol
Congratulations on your big score too!!!!:D:D

We always cruise with family. 10th cruise coming up and only once did we not have side-by-side rooms. Rule is, lock the door and close the curtains and you will not be disturbed. But whenever possible we open balcony partitions and love spending time together. We just follow the old adage, don't say anything you wouldn't want your mother to hear . . .because she's probably next door. LOL. BTW, our menfolk pride themselves on McGuivering some kind of partition opener just in case the ship doesn't want to open door. We use bungee cords to close them at night. Next cruise January 2015 with 17 family in a row.