Deck 7 Cabin Question Azamara Journey

grmlb

SO confused right now. I am booking our first Azamara cruise for the Med in 2015. I would like to book a Deck 7 Verandah Stateroom, port side for sail away from Venice. I have read about the balcony metal plate and wanted to book cabins 7088 or 7090, however neither of these is available. I do suffer from motion sickness but I will be taking medication. I was concerned that 7092, which was available, may be too far aft so I took cabin 7082 (more towards midship but didn't want to be right above the tenders) which does have the higher metal plate. I have only been on Celebrity Silhouette in a cabin midship with an extra large balcony. I have seen the photos re the Azamara metal plates on previous CC threads. The balconies seem quite small and I was concerned that the balcony plate makes the balcony seem even more "closed in". I am also concerned about how much movement there is towards the aft of such a small ship. Would there be much difference in movement between 7082 and 7092? Looking for any advice. Which cabin would you choose?

I would really appreciate any help.

Gillian

Check out the cabin thread which is a "sticky" at the top of this forum. It will give you a lot of info on specific cabins. That being said, I've been in 7090 and our last two cruises were in 7100 and above. I too take meds to avoid seasickness. We've never had a problem with movement in the aft cabins (sometimes a gentle rocking, which I personally love!) One other thing to consider is that your cruise (being in the Med) is probably port intensive, which means you'll be traveling at night (sometimes late at night) so chances are you'll be asleep most of the time.

Hope this helps.

mare

I have stayed in 7083 similar location but on starboard side. We were really pleased with location - midship, away from the noise of the tenders being lowered and when we sailed the Adriatic Sea there was no movement at all felt in the cabin. I would choose this location over any other again.

The solid metal doesn't go that far up the balcony there are still bars. There are two narrow bars then the teak rail above it. We sat on our balcony whilst sailing into Venice late morning and we had a superb view, on the way out mid evening we stood right up on deck 11 sun deck with Bellini to hand and enjoyed a lovely atmosphere with live music and all those famous songs in Italian that you would expect to hear!

May be as the previous poster said...check out the 'Sticky Cabin' thread at the top with regard to the cabin and check for any noise from the laundry. I don't think you will have a noise problem, most guests are considerate and there are notices posted inside the laundry about keeping noise down (it isn't open 24/7). You will be handy for the stairs and lifts - again we heard no noise at all.

Enjoy!

Earlier this year in 7084 and really enjoyed the location for its convenience...

Just steps away from the aft elevators--no noise from the mechanicals or from fellow guests using them--and far enough away from the laundry room to make its proximity a non-issue [though I never detected noise there while passing by either]...

Balconies are small--but to my mind, sufficiently serviceable--in standard verandah cabins... And, at least on Journey, those in the area are configured exactly as santrah describes them above... Metal plates did not obscure the view...

I'd select the same cabin again...

SO confused right now. I am booking our first Azamara cruise for the Med in 2015. I would like to book a Deck 7 Verandah Stateroom, port side for sail away from Venice. I have read about the balcony metal plate and wanted to book cabins 7088 or 7090, however neither of these is available. I do suffer from motion sickness but I will be taking medication. I was concerned that 7092, which was available, may be too far aft so I took cabin 7082 (more towards midship but didn't want to be right above the tenders) which does have the higher metal plate. I have only been on Celebrity Silhouette in a cabin midship with an extra large balcony. I have seen the photos re the Azamara metal plates on previous CC threads. The balconies seem quite small and I was concerned that the balcony plate makes the balcony seem even more "closed in". I am also concerned about how much movement there is towards the aft of such a small ship. Would there be much difference in movement between 7082 and 7092? Looking for any advice. Which cabin would you choose?

I would really appreciate any help.

Gillian

We were in 7091 and 7093. They are without the full plate. We heard a hum in the rooms. The closer to center the less the noise got. I think you made the right choice. Richard

Been on that deck many times. I avoid aft cabins because of the vibration. Midship is ideal. Forward cabins are okay too. The most forward cabin that I have sailed is 7014. At the time I booked, I was concerned about the motion. It was not a problem. It is also forward of the elevators making it a very quiet location.