Now I'm wondering about our flight

Markmom18

I think because you have FTTF you will be among the first to get off the ship whether you check luggage or carry it off yourselves. If I remember right from the Splendor last time, all of the Platinum and FTTF cruisers gathered in a lounge and were called to leave before all the other self assist passengers. Not positive, but I think that's what happened. We were off the ship by 8am. If you are really concerned about time, carrying off luggage is always faster anyway. Go to Guest Services the night before to find out where priority debarkation gathers so you are in the right place.

I think you should be worried. Glory's port is Miami and you're flying out of FLL.

You'd better do self-assist debarkation. You should consider just paying a taxi rather than booking a shuttle to get to FLL since you don't have time to waste.

Edited by D4

Last August we were on the Breeze, the family we traveled with had an 11:30 flight out of FLL, so had to get from Miami to FLL, no problem, we all did self dembark, we were off the ship in minutes, walked out and they got in a cab to FLL, we got in a cab to MIami, this year we will be on the Glory as well in August, they fly out of FLL again, I think they have an early flight again

We're on the Glory in August. I bought FTTF, our light home leaves Fort Lauderdale at 11:30am. Just want to check .. We're good on time??

Thanks.

You should be fine, we have had a similar schedule before. However, if you're a worrier like me, you could just leave the ship as early as possibly especially with FTTF and take your own bags so you won't have to wait.

Just be prepared in case things happen. When we disembarked in Miami for a flight out of FLL there was a bomb scare and they closed the port down. No one got off the ship until 11:00. We didnt get to FLL until 1:00. Our flight was at 2:30 so we made it. But things do happen thankfully not all the time though. But most people do make it with no problems.

I would allow one hour driving time between POM and FLL. It doesn't take that long but I'd allow that much time to be sure. It's actually about half an hour. I always book later but I am a skeptic and always allow too much time just to be safe.

My mom and I sailed on the Victory last September and my flight left from FLL @ 11:30a.m. We did self assist and I got to the airport in plenty of time for my flight. Going to be doing the same thing on my Breeze cruise in June :p

Sent from my KFTHWA using Forums mobile app

Agree....got off the Glory in Miami in first twenty or so people with FTTF....carried our own luggage....grabbed a cab right outside the terminal....got to the FLL airport checkin by 9:10....we were too early to check into our 11:40 flight!!

Agree....got off the Glory in Miami in first twenty or so people with FTTF....carried our own luggage....grabbed a cab right outside the terminal....got to the FLL airport checkin by 9:10....we were too early to check into our 11:40 flight!!

Just curious how much the taxi was and they wouldnt let you check in for your flight 2 and a half hours before the flight?

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Again no worries, it's a straight shot north on I-95 to FLL. Doesn't the ship come in on Dodge island or there about? Use Google maps and zoom in, it shows the whole scenario.

I live down here, and I'm 30 min north of FLL at Boca Raton, and I'm maybe 1:15 from Dodge with moderate traffic. Worst case scenario and you're 40 min from FLL, best case 30 min. It's almost all on I-95, and I-95 is right next to FLL. Also, any ride service worth their while will add +10 to the speed limit, so you're cruising along at 75, traffic permitting.

Enjoy your cruise, and I hope you like what we're doing to the "new" FLL. We're moving fast, and the new runway opens mid-September.