Port Canaveral

catty

There is a shuttle available for Carnival. You can book it online at Carnival.com under your booking number. Log in, click on your booking number, select the "My Activities" tab, select "Shop Activities" and then select "Ground Transportation":)

Depending on what you plan to do and what time you are arriving, we found it cheaper to get a rental car for our family of 6. We flew in the day before our cruise.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Price out Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Travelynx. Many times they are cheaper than the cruise line transfers. Cocoa Beach Shuttle has discount if you mention Cruise Critic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G

Thank you for all your help!! I am leaving on the 30th for the 31th cruise. Will stay overnight somewhere near the port, any suggestions?

The three closest to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson at the Port.

CI&S and RI both have free breakfast......Radisson does not but there is a restaurant on site. There is also Kelsey's Pizza on one side and Zachary's Family Restaurant beside the hotel and a McDonald's right across the street.

All have shuttles to the port either included in the price you booked or for a fee.

Thank you for all your help!! I am leaving on the 30th for the 31th cruise. Will stay overnight somewhere near the port, any suggestions?

Radisson Resort at the Port - very nice pool there. They have a free shuttle to the pier. You could do a one way car rental from the airport and if you use Budget, they have a rental center about a block down the street from the Radisson where you can drop the car off at. One way rentals can be fairly inexpensive.

I suggest rather than using the Carnival shuttle service that you check into Travelynx. We have used them many times and they are reasonable. We used them from our home to the port and return and have seen their shuttle buses when we are leaving the port. I believe their rate was $25 per person to and from the port.

I have seen signs when coming off the ship for $25 transport to the airport, but I didn't take down any info as we didn't need it. By using Travelynx, it's much easier than renting a car as when coming off the ships, the car rental agencies are quite busy and many have reported waiting in line for quite a while. Still though, it may be cheaper and if your flight is later in the day, it may be worth it.

We have stayed at The Radisson as well as The Residence Inn. Radisson has a beautiful pool a Tiki type bar outside with a person playing a guitar and singing. It was relaxing, but the standard rooms are old fashioned and kind of ugly. They were clean though and not bad for one night. We loved the suites at Residence Inn, but it was missing the fun that was at The Radisson.

I love sailing from Pt Canaveral and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Edited by katiel53

We stayed at Disney World.

Took the Magical Express from the air port to the resort and then used Disney transportation to get to the car rental office on Disney property.

We drove to the port and turned in the rental car.

The car rental folks picked us up at the port when we disembarked and we took a car back to the air port.

There is a lot to do on Disney property other than the parks.

Just an idea.

Edited by mzloolue

The three closest to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson at the Port.

CI&S and RI both have free breakfast......Radisson does not but there is a restaurant on site. There is also Kelsey's Pizza on one side and Zachary's Family Restaurant beside the hotel and a McDonald's right across the street.

All have shuttles to the port either included in the price you booked or for a fee.

here's some info about our booking at Radisson at the Port…

The following is a brief description of the rate features for your convenience:

Includes:

-Includes Free Hot Breakfast Buffet for Two

-Complimentary parking while on cruise - SAVES $60.00 ON 4 DAY CRUISE AND $105.00 ON 7 DAY CRUISE ON PARKING

-Complimentary shuttle available to and from the cruise ships for up to 2 people and children under 6 free

We have stayed at Radisson several times. Decided to try the Residence Inn last time. Rooms were nicer at RI but pool definitely better at Radisson. Hertz rental car is in RI lot so we did that. Budget is close to Radisson. You can call Radisson (direct hotel number) to make a reservation for the shuttle time you want before arriving. Lines get long once you are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Includes:

-Complimentary parking while on cruise - SAVES $60.00 ON 4 DAY CRUISE AND $105.00 ON 7 DAY CRUISE ON PARKING

-Complimentary shuttle available to and from the cruise ships for up to 2 people and children under 6 free

This is because you booked the cruise/park/breakfast rate, which is higher than the basic rate. If you do not book that particular rate, then you do have to pay for breakfast and it's a little pricey for what you receive.

Country Inn & Suites and the Residence Inn gives you a complimentary breakfast (a little above a continental breakfast) no matter what rate you booked.

Hope this helps.....

Edited by GTO-Girl

Includes:

Yes, like GTO-girl said, you actually end up paying about $10 per person for that breakfast, since the rate is that much more. We book the non-breakfast rate, since we can get away much cheaper than $10 pp... :)

We prefer CI & S. The Radisson gives four vouchers for their breakfast, but we have six, and they aren't what we consider inexpensive for breakfast. CI & S is just a free (HUGE) hot breakfast, no matter how many are in your party. CI & S also has a shuttle that leaves at 10:30, while Raddison's earliest one leaves at 11.

We like the quiet atmosphere of CI & S, too. Radisson is fun, but we travel with our kids, so we like the laid back vibe of Suites. They have a hot tub that has never had a single person in it when we want to go and a tiny arcade room that our kids always have fun in.

The park/stay package is pretty much the same for both. Either way, it's LOTS cheaper than parking at the pier and the shuttles at both hotels have always been very efficient for us. They have both been right on time when picking us up at the pier, too.

We always use Radisson at the Port. They have a restaurant and bar on site and offer a free shuttle to the port. And they have a beautiful pool with a hot tub and waterfall.

I second that

CI & S also has a shuttle that leaves at 10:30, while Raddison's earliest one leaves at 11.

This must have changed, because we are booked on a Radisson shuttle at 10:30. I agree that an earlier shuttle is a high selling point for me :D

Do you know if you can book the shuttle in advance at Country Inns & Suites? I know you can at Radisson, but at Hampton Inn, you have to sign up after you check in. We don't want to miss the early shuttles if we check in late.

The park/stay package is pretty much the same for both.

For our upcoming stay, the Radisson was actually ~$30 cheaper than Country Inns & Suites. I guess it depends on when you travel and how many rooms they have to fill. We like a cheaper deal :) We will definitely stay at Country Inns in future, if they are cheaper. It sounds like they offer a good breakfast.

We have always gotten the 10:30 shuttle at the Radisson and you can book your shuttle time when you make your room reservation.

The Country Inn & Suites does not let you prebook the shuttle BUT they used to let you book it 24hrs ahead so I would call them on the way down and get my name on the early shuttle list. (Not sure if they still do this).

This must have changed, because we are booked on a Radisson shuttle at 10:30. I agree that an earlier shuttle is a high selling point for me :D

Do you know if you can book the shuttle in advance at Country Inns & Suites? I know you can at Radisson, but at Hampton Inn, you have to sign up after you check in. We don't want to miss the early shuttles if we check in late.

For our upcoming stay, the Radisson was actually ~$30 cheaper than Country Inns & Suites. I guess it depends on when you travel and how many rooms they have to fill. We like a cheaper deal :) We will definitely stay at Country Inns in future, if they are cheaper. It sounds like they offer a good breakfast.

You can book the shuttle in advance at CI & S. And Radisson must have changed really recently. We were there just a year or so ago. Good to know!

We are in a family suite because we have six family members traveling with us. Radisson is never cheaper for us.

Another vote for C I & S....we stayed there and had excellent service, free

breakfast and the shuttle worked out perfectly. We had a large group with

us and had no problems at all. Would definitely stay there again.:)

My advice is to book early. You can always cancel or rebook if the price drops. When we booked, it was $145 for Radisson. Today, it is $168 for Radisson and $194 for Country Inns. I am looking at the cruise parking package rate for 3 people. :)

Enjoy planning!

I suggest rather than using the Carnival shuttle service that you check into Travelynx. We have used them many times and they are reasonable. We used them from our home to the port and return and have seen their shuttle buses when we are leaving the port. I believe their rate was $25 per person to and from the port.

I have seen signs when coming off the ship for $25 transport to the airport, but I didn't take down any info as we didn't need it. By using Travelynx, it's much easier than renting a car as when coming off the ships, the car rental agencies are quite busy and many have reported waiting in line for quite a while. Still though, it may be cheaper and if your flight is later in the day, it may be worth it.

Travelynx quoted me a price of $70 pp round trip MCO airport to port hotel and $60 pp round trip MCO airport to port for February 2015.