need transportation help

makeda

oh dear, have i made a mistake in choosing a cruise from a port that is so far away from the airport?

we are taking the glory out of port canaveral and plan to come in the day before and spend the night there...i cannot seem to find transportation from the orlando airport to the hotel in cocoa beach...no super shuttle in orlando (i am shocked)

we are certainly NOT renting a car, and i know we can get the cruise shuttle back to the airport, but need some ideas on reasonably getting to get to cocoa beach.

thanks!

I just did a search on the boards for you and came up with the following suggestions by other members of these boards:

Arts Shuttle

All in One Limo

Happy's Limo

Ace Luxury Limo

Hope this helps.

I noticed you said that you will NOT rent a car, but I have to tell you that it is cheaper than any of the transportation companies.(I priced them) We are coming into Orlando the day before our cruise and renting a car. We are staying at the Radisson by the port. Total charges with taxes is $33.04. Budget car Rental is right by the port and will shuttle you over to the ship when you return it. This works out very well for us as now we can go explore on our own! :) We are also renting to get back to the airport. Again, cheaper than any transportation company. Budget will pick you up when you get off the ship.

I agree with katie286. Not only is renting a car the least expensive way to go, but it also allows the flexibility to choose where you eat dinner and breakfast and to do a little sightseeing if you want.

the drive from Orlando International to Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach is a piece of cake.

No city drive at all. Exit the airport and turn right onto the BeeLine and it is a straight shot to the port and US1 in Cape Canaveral...couple of miles south on 1 and you are in Cocoa Beach.

Damn near impossible to get lost.

Archived