Rate question

denrusk

We booked an ocean view room under early saver rate. The balcony rate dropped lower than what we paid for the ocean view so I changed to the balcony room with no issues. My question is, the price is lower for the room we are booked for than we paid, and we are past final payment, so would I still be considered early saver and would I then get the difference in on board credit? The price was lower when I changed but they just changed my cabin and left the price as what we originally paid for the ocean view room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked an ocean view room under early saver rate. The balcony rate dropped lower than what we paid for the ocean view so I changed to the balcony room with no issues. My question is, the price is lower for the room we are booked for than we paid, and we are past final payment, so would I still be considered early saver and would I then get the difference in on board credit? The price was lower when I changed but they just changed my cabin and left the price as what we originally paid for the ocean view room.

Under ES you can "price match" to any rate you would normally qualify for (i.e. past guest, senior, residence, etc)......and you will retain your ES rate.

Pack & Go or any rate that is a "guarantee" rate or promotions for new bookings only will not qualify.

check down on your misc charges line and see if it is there. that is where ours is showing.

Under ES you can "price match" to any rate you would normally qualify for (i.e. past guest, senior, residence, etc)......and you will retain your ES rate.

Pack & Go or any rate that is a "guarantee" rate or promotions for new bookings only will not qualify.

True, but you can only price match against the same type of cabin. While the OP should retain his ES rate, I don't know that he would be due any OBC since he didn't price match against the same cabin type.

If you are ES you should get the OBC too. We have upgraded and also received the OBC, in fact, we HAD to upgrade to get the OBC.

I would call the number on your confirmation. I have always had great luck calling the number on the ES emails. You might try the 1-800 number first since the ES people are probably gone for the day.

So what was the conclusion of this post. if you upgrade from a OV to a balcony what do you price match to

The new balcony rates? this is so confusing at times.

With ES, you can price match against your own category in order to get OBC. Or you can upgrade to a higher cabin if you don't mind moving. What I have not heard of before was if you price matched to a higher category that you could get OBC as well (such as OV was $500 and now balcony is $450, you get the balcony and $50 OBC).

With ES, you can price match against your own category in order to get OBC. Or you can upgrade to a higher cabin if you don't mind moving. What I have not heard of before was if you price matched to a higher category that you could get OBC as well (such as OV was $500 and now balcony is $450, you get the balcony and $50 OBC).

Ok I kind of get what your saying. So lets say you transfer to the balcony. If you are ES you are always ES. So in your example do you still price match to the new balcony price (your Example $450) so if balcony's go down to $400 do you get more OBC or once you transfer you are done with ES

Ok I kind of get what your saying. So lets say you transfer to the balcony. If you are ES you are always ES. So in your example do you still price match to the new balcony price (your Example $450) so if balcony's go down to $400 do you get more OBC or once you transfer you are done with ES

That is something I have never done so I can't answer that. Each time I price matched to a higher cabin, it was always a smidge more than I originally paid but the slight extra price was well worth the upgraded cabin. I have never found the upgraded cabin to be less than what I originally paid for the lesser cabin.

But yes, if you originally book ES, you are always ES (at least in all of my instances).

Thanks for all the responses. Here is how it worked out. We originally booked ocean view early saver. When we did the upgrade to cove balcony the price was $102 lower, and still is, than we paid for the ocean view. We are past final payment so we were given the $102 on OBC. Pretty sweet deal! We are still early saver and now future price matches will be to the cove balcony category 7A.

Thanks for all the responses. Here is how it worked out. We originally booked ocean view early saver. When we did the upgrade to cove balcony the price was $102 lower, and still is, than we paid for the ocean view. We are past final payment so we were given the $102 on OBC. Pretty sweet deal! We are still early saver and now future price matches will be to the cove balcony category 7A.

Just remember if looking at the fareviewer the cove balcony is not a 7A but a 7C. Don't want you to think there aren't any coves available when you don't see a 7A on the fareviewer.

Sharon

Nice, upgraded cabin and a little money in the bank. :)