I think another passenger missed Breakaway 5/16/14

I thought I read somewhere that if pax are late enough to miss the ship then the ship crew looks in the cabin for important docs such as passports, and leaves them with the port agent.....cannot remember exactly...it was some years ago that I read it, maybe here on CC, or maybe I was just dreaming :p :o

I thought I read somewhere that if pax are late enough to miss the ship then the ship crew looks in the cabin for important docs such as passports, and leaves them with the port agent.....cannot remember exactly...it was some years ago that I read it, maybe here on CC, or maybe I was just dreaming :p :o

Some cruise lines do that some of the time (I think in some countries they're actually required to), but I wouldn't want to guarantee that it's always going to happen. Also, they're only going to look in obvious places for the passport (the safe and anything lying out in the open). They're not going to rummage through every drawer, nook and cranny of the cabin.

My wife and I almost missed the ship several years ago while on an Alaskan cruise. We were hiking by ourselves at Mendenhall Glacier and took the wrong fork on a trail and got lost. I briefly lost track of time and when I noticed, our hike turned into trail-running. We managed to backtrack to the visitor center and caught the shuttle back to the ship with about 15 minutes to spare.

On the same cruise, at a different port, we were out on a boat excursion that ran late. Luckily it was one we had booked through the cruise line so the ship would probably have waited for us. We did board before the scheduled push-off time but it was real close.

Did they get on the ship or was it too late ? :eek:

They never learn :rolleyes:

They made it, with an audience watching and cheering as they sprinted up Heritage Wharf!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app