Private Car Transport Heathrow to Southhampton Pier

7seastourist

Can anyone recommend a reliable, reasonable company that will transport a group of 4 from the airport to the pier? There seem to be a lot of negative reviews out there, which makes me leery of booking the unknown.

Thanks much in advance.

I used DJC private hire a few years ago. http://www.djcprivatehire.co.uk/ they picked me up at my London hotel and took me to Southhampton. I had requested a stop at Stonehenge and Salisbury on the way and had plenty of time at both. they are based in Southhampton. they were on time and drove safely with good conversation to boot. good luck!

Woodford Chauffeur Cars. I've used them quite a few times for transport from Heathrow to London, London to the ship, ship to Heathrow, etc. Very reliable. http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk

Pam, do you remember the cost (give or take a few $$). No prices on their website.

Theo

Edited by Renmar

I used DJC private hire a few years ago. http://www.djcprivatehire.co.uk/ they picked me up at my London hotel and took me to Southhampton. I had requested a stop at Stonehenge and Salisbury on the way and had plenty of time at both. they are based in Southhampton. they were on time and drove safely with good conversation to boot. good luck!

Cndgrl, Same question for you, do you remember the cost (give or take a few $$)

Theo

theo, I think it was around 200 pounds. I shared with another, so only paid half. that was from London though. I think its shorter from heathrow to southhampton by-passing London. I looked at it as a shore excursion to Stonehenge. :)

Edited by cdngrl

I have used Ray's service for tours and transfers. I've also referred many other people to him and everyone has been really satisfied. He is VERY punctual, friendly, not obnoxious, drives very well (used to race cars) and you can count on him to be there when you want him there.

http://www.london-transfers.com/

edited to add: And, his rates are clearly posted on his website.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Smith's for Airports.com

It is the only car service we use in the UK. Just used them after our Emerald TA. Less costly than Princess transfer and far better.

Agree. Last August DH and I were picked up (and returned to Heathrow) in a new Mercedes station wagon. Our flight arrived more than 1/2 hour early but our driver was waiting. If I remember correctly it was 76 pounds to Southampton and 71 return (the extra 5 was the wait fee at Heathrow). They were very easy to deal with via email and would use them again.

Agree. Last August DH and I were picked up (and returned to Heathrow) in a new Mercedes station wagon. Our flight arrived more than 1/2 hour early but our driver was waiting. If I remember correctly it was 76 pounds to Southampton and 71 return (the extra 5 was the wait fee at Heathrow). They were very easy to deal with via email and would use them again.

Hi:

We just used Smith's from Southampton to Gatwick on May 17th.

We had a car for four adults..then there were only two of us.

Total cost was 78 pounds...no issues.

DavidTravels