Pool Noise??

silverbird

We are booked in A515 on the Star Princess. Looking at the deck plans, it appears to be directly under the Calypso pool. Can anyone advise me if there will be noise from above during the early morning hours -- moving of chairs, tables, etc.? Have you "been there, done that" in that particular cabin? If so, there is plenty of time to change cabins although "515" is my favorite cabin as it is one of the sideways ones.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

We are booked in A515 on the Star Princess. Looking at the deck plans, it appears to be directly under the Calypso pool. Can anyone advise me if there will be noise from above during the early morning hours -- moving of chairs, tables, etc.? Have you "been there, done that" in that particular cabin? If so, there is plenty of time to change cabins although "515" is my favorite cabin as it is one of the sideways ones.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Stayed under the pool on the Island , Coral and Sapphire didn't have any noise except from kids running up and down the corridor.

Simply put -- they are larger than the other inside cabins (approximately 182 square feet) and most have doors on the closets. Bathroom is the same. They are also a different category and cost a little bit more.

I have been below the deck with the pools on a few ships but not the Star. Also in balcony rooms. You look to be in a good place. On one ship, remember - balcony - it was like grand piano races every night as they do move the chairs and swab the decks. I couldn't sleep, hubby slept right through it! It was over by 11:30ish.

Keep the room and bring ear plugs for just in case!

Enjoy your cruise!