Back from Dream cruise 10-17 May

:)

Just a quickie on here to say that our cruise was fantastic . Better than last Mays cruise on the Dream. Will report later on.

So glad you had a great cruise. We are on the Dream in September. Am looking forward to your review. Is Joe 90 - sorry Mark Williams still on the entertainment team. Oh roll on September ! :)

First post - following my first cruise.

We were on the same one as you both and had an absolute ball. Have already been looking again for next year :D

Don't recall Mark Williams on the crew team..

Paul Fisher

Martyn Bell

Mark Godfrey

Sanchia (didn't catch surname)

Suzy (as above)

are the names I remember.

First post - following my first cruise.

We were on the same one as you both and had an absolute ball. Have already been looking again for next year :D

Don't recall Mark Williams on the crew team..

Paul Fisher

Martyn Bell

Mark Godfrey

Sanchia (didn't catch surname)

Suzy (as above)

are the names I remember.

Welcome to the Forum and pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first cruise so much - and the Dream. :)

FOOD

Our 4th time on the Dream and we felt that the food in the Orion had improved. Portions especially the main course and the salads had increased and there seemed to be more varieites of vegetables served. The salad course used to have teeny little bits of this and that in them but this year they were more substantial. We asked that they be served at the same time as the main course, We went just between 6.30-7pm and service was very quick and efficient. Dishes always hot - in the past they have been luke warm. Breakfast we took in the Siren but sat outside. The omelettes served up at the station were excellent and of course made to order.

EXCURSIONS

We only did one paid excursion. A Thomson bus plus guide which took us to the centre then we did it all on our own for 7 hours. Then bus back.

ENTERTAINMENT

This was disappointing. The Showteam in the Broadway lounge were very good as usual but there were not the variety of shows. First night was highlights of what was to come, Sunday was the best with an Andrew Lloyd Webber theme, The Dance show was exactly the same as on our 3 other cruises, there was a night where they sung random songs plus the Michael Jackson theme on the final evening. This was one I did not enjoy. I am not a fan of MJ and the background film featuring him left me cold. The main gripe with the shows was the volume. Too loud.

A guest comedian performed one night then on another one they had a guest vocalist. We did not enjoy him and he continually mentioned that his CD could be purchased after the show.

The Peakles performed in the Medusa. Again too loud and not to our taste. Enchanted Duo was 2 young girls - one playing guitar and the other with the most quietest voice ever. When people were talking you could not hear them and they often did not get applause.

We used to enjoy going into the Argo lounge to listen to the classical violinist and pianist but there was no act like this on this cruise.

As usual it was the friendly and obliging staff who made the holiday. This Friday many of them are going on vacation. Our waiter has been on the Dream for the last 10 months working 7 days a week and still we expect them to smile and be happy! If I remember anything else I'll add it later.

Pleased to hear there has been an improvement in the food. It has been a matter of some concern to me since our last trip.

It sounds as though the entertainment leaves something to be desired though - the shows are being diluted down. Did I understand correctly - there were two guest acts in the week? That means a compilation welcome show, one Concerto (cabaret style - I guess that was the random songs one you mentioned), two guest acts and three what I would have said were the well-respected and praised Thomson style shows. Times were when you had a welcome show, one guest act and five proper song and dance production shows per week!

Oh dear!

Glad you enjoyed the cruise though - the crew and destinations are always a winner!

Kruzseeka, yes only 2 shows plus 1 concerto, 1 dance, 2 guest acts and 1 presenting songs of whats to come that week. I used to look forward to the Broadway shows. They had a "deck fest" on the day the guest vocalist performed. Whether this is a one off, I don't know.

Kruzseeka, yes only 2 shows plus 1 concerto, 1 dance, 2 guest acts and 1 presenting songs of whats to come that week. I used to look forward to the Broadway shows. They had a "deck fest" on the day the guest vocalist performed. Whether this is a one off, I don't know.

Hmmm.............. like you the Broadway Shows were the real highlight of our evenings and I'm sure this is what earned Thomson such an excellent reputation for entertainment. It is a big selling point imo but if they are letting the balance change such that we're getting fewer Broadway style shows they are losing their usp - the quality and quantity is what set Thomson apart from their competitors.

The Deckfest was introduced in the Caribbean over the winter. So it looks as though they are carrying it through to the summer season. It was just like a cabaret or deck party the likes of which the showteam used to do after the normal stage shows!! In other words it's a cut back! One less show to produce, rehearse, stage, choreograph and provide costumes for. Money saving move!! :rolleyes: