Quick Question

cdnphotogirl

Not use it all??? Are you kidding?

Just joking! I've heard of both refund methods being used. I guess the CC refund is the most likely if the credit was originally paid for with your card, but it might be up to the individual helping you at the Passenger Services desk.

If I purchase on board credits before my cruise what happens if I don't use it all? Will they reimburse my credit card or pay out cash on the ship before I leave?
It's refundable. While I've heard them say it's refunded to your credit card, I haven't heard/read of that actually happening. IMHO, you have two choices: use it up or go down to the Passenger Services Desk disembarkation morning and ask for a cash refund. A couple of times, I've had a relatively small credit left at the end of the cruise and a couple of weeks after disembarking, received a check for the credit balance. I'd rather not depend on that, though, particularly if the credit is substantial.

It will be refunded the way you paid it. Assuming you charged it, they will put a credit to the card

You can get the cash back if you ask at customer service. It does not have to go back to the credit card. We got it the day before disembarking and used it for extra gratuites.

Once we had 28 cents of OBCs and we were paged to the desk to be refunded the money. We had no idea why we were paged and had already started down the gangway

Edited by dorisis