MSC Splendida photo review.

TheCaveman

Some random encounters...

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

WE saw this place on top of the hill, and decided to go there, or, find a way of getting there...

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

Wife taking a "selfie"

Edited by TheCaveman

Found a city tour that will take us there...

unlike other city's, you had to purchase the tickets in advance, in the tourist office for this tour. Some people were waiting at the stop to buy tickets, and could not get on...

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

Some of the Munster Rugby team players walking there...

Now it was a good few hours without an alcoholic drink, and we decided to head back to the ship, and relax by the pool...

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

The staircase...

After a few hours at the pool, we got ready for dinner.

Dinner was great, with all the courses. Our waiter is really good, and, service was fast, it was one of our friends birthday today, and we had a birthday cake delivered as dessert.

IMG_2859.jpg

My drink of the cruise, double Jameson and coke, as it saved time to get 2 drinks each time, as it took less trips to the bars...

IMG_2863.jpg

Starter...

IMG_2865.jpg

Soup

Dinner...

IMG_2871.jpg

Can not remember what that is/was

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

The birthday cake being served... The waiter was great in the way he did the whole thing, it was one of those, you had to be there moments...

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

It was actually a really good cake...

After dinner we went to the purple bar for a few drinks, whilst we waited for the Club 33 to open.

Finally we went up to the nightclub, and this is we're we had a really good time. Not sure what time we went to bed, must have been close to 3am

Now, on our first MSC cruise, we really did not like the way MSC allowed the night club to be open to all ages, as there was just to many kids on the dance floor. And some of them were like 2-3 walking dancing, etc, now as I am 6 ‘ 2 , I can easily knock them over, and I did not agree with the fact that kids are out that late. And, after 1am at night, most of the bars are closed, and, why are young kids not in bed?

But, now we knew what to expect, we just ignored all kids and we had a really brilliant evening.

There were a lot of teenagers on this sailing. And, quite often at the bar, they will ask you to buy them alcohol. But, after a few firm no’s, they stopped, for that night anyway

DSC00085.jpg

As we left the dining room, they were doing something, and told u to put these things on

we never found out why ???

Day3

Genoa

The morning after the night before.....

Woke up, and all I can say was, what a night...

Was not in the mood for sightseeing. Wife and friends went on the hop on hop off bus tour, whilst I caught up on some sleep. (Ok, yes, I had a huge hangover)

This is where it is great to cruise with a group of friends, as, I knew the wife could go and explore the city, whilst I slept in, and not have to worry about it. If it was just the 2 of us cruising, I would have had to get up and joined her.

So, will now give you a tour of Genoa...

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

Once they got back from the city tour, we had a great lunch in La Verde restaurant, and went to lido deck for a relaxing afternoon.... It was a pretty lazy day, weather wasn't great and we just wandered around the ship.

We invited few friends again to our cabin for a sailaway, as they were staying in inside cabin and wanted to experience the sailaway from our aft balcony. We had few drinks and went for the dinner.

After dinner we went for bingo, no luck this time. Next we end up in Purple Bar and night club followed after that. That night we didn't stay very late, we were still tired from the night before.

IMG_2967.jpg

Some drinks for sail-away...

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

After dinner, we went to the Purple bar, but the music was not to our liking, so we went to the plaza place...

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

Milkshake, with a shot of Jameson and Kaluha, amazing....

IMG_3049.jpg

The one and only, Long Island Ice Tea.

Dinner...

We ate in the MDR every evening, food was mostly great... No complaints...

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

Hi,

Caveman's wife here,

This was actually our lunch in MDR :)

Squid salad, Parma ham, Mussels soup, grilled veggies and...

absolutely amazing Nutella cake