Booking a cruise while on board the Freedom

We are on the Freedom this summer and would like to book a cruise on the Dream.

Questions?.... Do I need to give them a date?

How much is the deposit for an 8 day?

How much OBC can we expect to get?

I guess most important does the Freedom have a future cruise desk?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are on the Freedom this summer and would like to book a cruise on the Dream.

Questions?.... Do I need to give them a date?

How much is the deposit for an 8 day?

How much OBC can we expect to get?

I guess most important does the Freedom have a future cruise desk?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on Freedom last October.

Future cruise deck, yes they do. The guy we talked to was from England. Older gent with glasses. I think his name was Owen but I don't remember.

You do have to give them a date because they take your credit card for the deposit right then and there. You even pick your stateroom while you are at it. I believe the OBC is $100 for an 8 day. I don't think it goes up to $200 unless the cruise is 12+ days.

You can make a ghost booking, just book as far out as you can say 2016 if possible. Make sure you book a rate that has no restrictions like past guest or fun saver most anything but early saver. Then when you get home you can change the date and keep the OBC from booking on board. Deposit is $300.00pp for a 8 day unless there is some promo going on.

Just curious. If you book a cruise this way you'll get a $100 OBC. Is this $100 OBC with one of the two person in the room, or is it with the room?

The question is if you then book another cabin much later, to be able to bring 2 children, and switch one of the 2 adults into the new room -- does the original $100 loyalty OBC stay with the original room, or is it assigned to one person and it could go to the new room?

Just curious. If you book a cruise this way you'll get a $100 OBC. Is this $100 OBC with one of the two person in the room, or is it with the room?

The question is if you then book another cabin much later, to be able to bring 2 children, and switch one of the 2 adults into the new room -- does the original $100 loyalty OBC stay with the original room, or is it assigned to one person and it could go to the new room?

The $100 OBC is per cabin. However, when you book onboard, you are given 2 vouchers for friends & family where if they book the same cruise as you do within 60 days, each of those cabins would also receive $100 OBC.

Another question: If I book a cruise while onboard, can I transfer the booking to my TA and still keep the future cruise OBC from Carnival? I am thinking, if this is so, then I can get an additional OBC from my TA. Has anyone ever done this?

Another question: If I book a cruise while onboard, can I transfer the booking to my TA and still keep the future cruise OBC from Carnival? I am thinking, if this is so, then I can get an additional OBC from my TA. Has anyone ever done this?

The booking will be assigned to the same TA that booked the cruise you are on. I am not sure what happens if you want the booking to go to a different TA.

The $100 OBC is per cabin. However, when you book onboard, you are given 2 vouchers for friends & family where if they book the same cruise as you do within 60 days, each of those cabins would also receive $100 OBC.

We're way passed those 60 days.

My question is if we book another cabin and split up the two adults from the original cabin, what happens to the $100 loyalty OBC?

Yes you can get another TA to take over your booking that was originally booked with Carnival onboard.