How does laundry work on Cunard?

PunkiC

Why anyone would want to do their own washing whilst on a cruise beats me - you might as well go camping (which is, of course, not a proper holiday, and only for children anyway).

It is the first part of your sentence that you have repeated in some form three times on this thread. What are the chances that others do not live as you do?

And why do you think every passenger is on holiday? You might be surprised how many non holiday passengers are on crossings, besides me.

Punki.....we sat at same dinner table with Nathan Detroit.

It is the first part of your sentence that you have repeated in some form three times on this thread. What are the chances that others do not live as you do?

And why do you think every passenger is on holiday? You might be surprised how many non holiday passengers are on crossings, besides me.

I'm never on holiday on QM2; just traveling. I travel by ship instead of flying. It's the way my grandparents traveled back and forth, and it's a much more gracious as well as romantic (in the artistic sense vs the Hallmark card sense) way to travel than flying in a sardine can.

However, the time on QM2 becomes a holiday in itself.

What are the chances that others do not live as you do?

I'd say the chances are about the same as others not living the same as you. Your argument works equally well the other way around. You sound like one of those people who accuse others of being narrow-minded if they happen not to agree with what they say - and the fact that they are, by logical conclusion, being equally narrow-minded never occurs to them.

We camped once at the Westin. We had a room and paid $15 per kid for them to sleep in sleeping bags in the ballroom with dozens of other children, a fake campfire, ghost stories and piped-in cricket sounds. :) It was wonderful for all of us.

While they played "camp out", we went out to dinner and dancing. :)

It was the weirdest thing with Nathan Detroit. I woke up one morning and couldn't get him out of my mind. I finally called him and was told by his wife that he had died during the night. He was a great guy.

We have used the launderettes. The washers are fine, but be careful with the dryers. I've had grease stains on clothing from the dryers. It does wash out over time, but that doesn't help with your need for clothing on the ship. I turn clothes inside-out before putting them in the dryers, just in case.

The launderettes are good places to hear the latest gossip.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder