Please help me to understand the new CC points system

rubydoobydoo

I am not after getting extra points for nothing and I am MORE than happy with the points I got and paid for, I just misunderstood the whole system

In my brain I thought I got another 90 points for a balcony being 3 credits or 150 for concierge being 5 credits per cruise

I didnt read it properly to see it was 3 points per night or 5 points per night

depending on what you paid for

I agree the new system is fairer as it gives greater benefits to those who spend more with Celebrity by booking a higher grade cabin

BUT I do have one query, what about those people who book a suite and get the higher grade cabin BUT pay a much lower price than those in a balcony, because the price drops really low, or they are given lots of OBC to compensate, that doesn't really seem fair ?

Technically those in a suite/aqua whatever could have actually paid less, maybe points should be for £ spent

Edited by rubydoobydoo

BUT I do have one query, what about those people who book a suite and get the higher grade cabin BUT pay a much lower price than those in a balcony, because the price drops really low, or they are given lots of OBC to compensate, that doesn't really seem fair ?

Technically those in a suite/aqua whatever could have actually paid less, maybe points should be for £ spent

The answer to this one is nothing. Doesn't matter what you paid for the cabin class you paid to sail in. You receive points based on that factor alone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

OK ... so I book a concierge and pay for it. Upgrade fairy visits, I find myself in a suite, but still get concierge points. No problem. I'm good with that.

Question ... I book a concierge and pay for it. Then I get an upsell to a suite, pay the difference, and now I'm sailing in a suite. I assume I get the suite points since I paid for the suite ... regardless of how much the difference was $-wise. Is this accurate?

Don't ask me lol, I can't even convert the points I should get properly :D

I suppose so because you are paying for a suite :confused:

It would be so much easier if Celebrity used my idea of points for pounds like they do in the supermarket, there would be no confusion and everyone would be happy as they get points according to the what you spend not what cabin you buy

Btw this is only my observation, I know it is not how things are done and I am fine with whatever Way Celebrity choose to offer it, just saying that's all !

Depends. If, before you sail, you pay the total to upgrade to the suite from the cabin you are in, you get suite points. On two occasions a while ago, I received a reduced rate upgrade call (ie. Pay this nominal sum of $ xxx to upgrade, regardless of going rate). In those scenarios I did not receive the points. It was explained that these offers are coded such that they appear the same as goodwill unpaid upgrades, so great cruise but not cruise point benefits.

So, in sum, if you fully upgrade to a cabin category by 'paying' the going rate, yes you should receive the points. You will not, if not.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Edited by Classynfun1

From my experience, I had 2 friends sailing with me. TA booked 1 as a share with another client so 3rd could get free beverage package in a standard veranda.

Once we boarded we had Guest Relations room transfer him to my cabin - a Royal Suite.

He earned points for sailing in the royal suite as did I and the other who was originally booked and paid for the royal. This was a January sailing on Constellation this year.

So in this case #3 paid for veranda, sailed in Royal, got points for sailing in Royal. All automatically with no phone or emails.

I think as with many celebrity things, there are kinks in the system and it can vary from time to time and person to person....partly why I am wondering if there is a real written policy (and I have taken note of Classynfun's post - thanks for that...)

Some may call then unwritten perks some may call it scamming the system. To each his own to decide.

I would like a friend like you :D

My first aim it to be on the ship, if I get a balcony that is a big bonus, to even visit the RS or PH suite is a dream :)

For me this experience showed me just how awesome a travel agent can be.

I'd have never thought of it. He paid less for the standard cabin than the 3rd person charge would have been for the suite, and got free drinks too. The TA just knew her clients and needs and saved us all some money, and the person she we never met also only had to pay half for the cabin, not having to pay the single Supplement. We had planned on being 3 in the suite and she suggested the share and transfer option. Love out of the box thinking!