traditional dining info?

cdngrl

thanks everyone for your experiences; I'm sailing on my own, would you recommend a table for 6 people or 8?

My wife & I have had good luck on tables for 8 and in dozens of cruises can only think of one couple who we didn't enjoy. Even with our recent experience with no-show couples even with 4 or 6 we had a great time...and even the times we got a table for two. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

at the moment I'm confirmed for traditional at "any" table size. I think I'm gonna take my chances! when you are at your assigned table, do you sit in the same seat at the table or do you mix it up?

at the moment I'm confirmed for traditional at "any" table size. I think I'm gonna take my chances! when you are at your assigned table, do you sit in the same seat at the table or do you mix it up?

I've been at tables that did both. One cruise, one chair was directly under an a/c vent and I was the only one not chilled by the airflow, so that became "my" chair and everyone rotated around me (yes, I am the center of the universe). Sometimes there are people who stake out their seats and you can just tell they won't be happy moving about (they might be related to those who plant towels on deck chairs . . . ).

Let me add that I'm never early and rarely "on time" - - I dislike the lining up that goes on before the door opens plus I'm habitually un-punctual even in real life. My martini and I tend to stroll in at 8.05-ish and virtually always, we're the last to arrive at the table, so I sit where's left. If you're an early bird, you have your choice and can move around at will.

thanks rdsqrl, I sure bet there are folks who will not under any circumstances change seats...well, you can plant your martini-holding butt at my table anytime...you can also have the ac vent.