Some questions from a newbie

Techno123

Apologies - I have posted this on my roll call board but haven't had a response:

Well seven weeks on Saturday until we sail on Insignia :D so a couple of questions for more experienced Oceania passengers to answer if they wouldn't mind.

When should we expect to receive our documentation for the cruise?

When might we know where our allocated cabin is?

We had no choice but to accept a GTY and as everything has been 'waitlisted' for some time now, wondering when they will begin to allocate accommodation.

Many thank

Edited by Techno123

You should have your docs by now, contact O or your TA.

You may not have your cabin until you arrive at the ship, but you WILL

have a cabin. GTY is just that-sorry can't give any better answer.

But I'll bet you love your cruise, enjoy the new Insignia.

Have you enrolled on Oceania's website? You'll need your reservation number, but if you look at 'already booked', you may find out that you've already been assigned a cabin. You can also make a reservations for Polo and Toscana.

We've usually received our documentation at about 6 weeks before the cruise, as the paperwork is checked by our TA first.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com

Edited by turnip eater

I have enrolled but still showing as a B1 GTY which also means we can't book the specialty restaurants until the 28th of this month. I will check with the travel agent as perhaps they are checking through the documents. Many thanks

I have enrolled but still showing as a B1 GTY which also means we can't book the specialty restaurants until the 28th of this month. I will check with the travel agent as perhaps they are checking through the documents. Many thanks

Good Luck! I'm sure that you'll have a wonderful cruise:)

You usually get the Personal Cruise Planner anywhere from 4-8 weeks prior

It looks like a brochure but has your name on the front of it

Then about 3 wks prior you will get via email the final invoice

Make sure your Guest Registration form has been filled out in the Already Booked section online

That may hold up things if not up to date

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Even if you had received a cabin assignment by now, the overwheming odds are that you would still have the same restaurant booking date. It is rare that a GTY is bumped up from a veranda to a concierge. Usually what they do is offer an early booker the upgrade in order to provide you with your cabin in your guaranteed category. There are exceptions, but it's not fair to the early booker for a later booker to receive the benefit.

Hi Don and Betsy

Not looking for an upgrade particularly - perfectly happy with the B1 - just hoping not to get one of the inter-connecting ones! We booked in early January and couldn't actually book a specific cabin/stateroom - very excited though - every second sentence refers to - when we are on the cruise :D

We have an A1 GTY Cabin on the June 17th Regatta Cruise. We don't expect to find out the cabin number until check-in,,, we'll bring a marking pen with us for the baggage tags. Perhaps we'll get upgraded, if not doesn't matter what specific cabin we get. There are no bad A1s.

Danny Weitz

We booked a GTY as that's all that we were offered. After we paid our deposit, we looked on-line and we had already been assigned a cabin. We've got what we paid for so happy. Just shows how assignments can change from cruise to cruise:)

We have a GTY on Regatta Alaska June 27th. No cabin yet. TA says it might appear on our final papers. I talked to Oceania yesterday and they said it is up to finance. Just have to wait it out.

You usually get the Personal Cruise Planner anywhere from 4-8 weeks prior

It looks like a brochure but has your name on the front of it

Then about 3 wks prior you will get via email the final invoice

Make sure your Guest Registration form has been filled out in the Already Booked section online

That may hold up things if not up to date

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Lyn when we did our first ever cruise with Seabourn 2 years ago (this is our second so still very new to the whole experience :)) we got a wallet with all of the information, tickets and baggage labels etc - is the personal cruise planner the same sort of thing?

Lyn when we did our first ever cruise with Seabourn 2 years ago (this is our second so still very new to the whole experience :)) we got a wallet with all of the information, tickets and baggage labels etc - is the personal cruise planner the same sort of thing?

No wallet it is a booklet much like a brochure

I know Jim had posted a photo here will have a look

Just tossed my last one yesterday :(

Thank you for looking. The travel agent says we will get all of the documentation 10 days before we sail so I will have to be patient until then.

Many thanks fo all your replies.

When you book through an Agent, that Agent gets to decide if your Cruise Documents will go directly to you, or via that Agents' office (so that they may be screened for accuracy).

From the timing which you describe, it sounds like your Agent wanted to see your Documents first.

In any case, expect a very classy booklet, personalized to your particular Cruise.

For example your stateroom will be highlighted in the included deck-plans of the ship, your Embarkation time (it varies by cabin category) will be specified on Page four, and your Specialty Restaurant reservations, Pre-reserved Shore Excursions, Privée and or La Reserve Dates will all be listed for your convenience.

All in All the nicest Final Documents that we have seen. :D

Thanks jimandstan. I assume the state room isn't on the brochure if it isn't allocated by that point. It is annoying as we would have booked specific accommodation if we had been able to never mind I am sure whatever we end up with will be very nice :)

Thanks jimandstan. I assume the state room isn't on the brochure if it isn't allocated by that point. It is annoying as we would have booked specific accommodation if we had been able to never mind I am sure whatever we end up with will be very nice :)

It would actually be quite unusual for a Guarantee Stateroom not to be assigned by the time that your final documents are printed.

I mean, they do try to maximize their revenue and whatnot, but at a certain point enough is enough and they want to get everyone settled.

I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised. ;)

It would actually be quite unusual for a Guarantee Stateroom not to be assigned by the time that your final documents are printed.

I mean, they do try to maximize their revenue and whatnot, but at a certain point enough is enough and they want to get everyone settled.

I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised. ;)

we just returned from the Riviera Friday - we got our docs about 30 days prior to sailing, but did not receive our cabin assignment until about 5 days prior.

What accommodation category were you alexspepa? At least at 5 days to go you know where you are going to be and can do a quick explore on the deck plan.

We were a B4 guarantee and ended up in 7101 which was a B3 category...we liked it because it was right by the aft elevator. In looking at the plans it would also have been nice to get a B3 room with the larger balcony - but no complaints we had a great cruise.

Our first time on Oceania and we are ruined for other lines I am afraid...

Edited by alexspepa

We felt like that after our very first cruise which was on Seabourn. We are trying Oceania as it is a little less expensive and we want to see whether the extra money is worth it or whether other cruise lines offer a similar level of enjoyment.

I think ours came via Fed Ex about 4 weeks before our cruise last year (our first O cruise). It looks VERY similar to a brochure and we almost tossed it before realizing what it was. Be careful! :)

Hi, we are on the same trip. I will book the restaurants tomorrow, but I have heard about booking at 0001 hrs of that day (not hard if you are from around the world) but I am not sure where Oceania is based. I have SLC and Nashville already in my clock all the time, is it close to either of these? Or is it midnight in the Marshall islands?