Princess cruiser gets great deal with Cinard

mattswiss

My hubby will take me next year on a transatlantic from New York to Southampton for our silver wedding anniversary. When he called, we are platinum members with Princess, he mentioned our loyalty level and the nice lady gave him 100$ per person off the fare, $200 shipboard credit, free gratuities and only $300 deposit.

So, I am not sure this was a bonus because he booked us into the queens grill or because we are loyal to the company. We'll it is always worth asking and of course he got a big kiss from me.

Can not wait..;)

I've never heard of Cunard accepting "status" from sister companies (also owned by Carnival) nor awarding benefits for status on any other line.

Anyone else had personal experience regarding this?

My guess is that you lucked into a special offering which was applicable to your sailing.

I would be very interested if anyone has a different opinion.

In any case: enjoy and bon voyage (when the time comes). Happy Anniversary!

Maybe Cunard doesn't accept loyalty status from a sister company, but it does exist within the cruising industry.

In the Royal Caribbean family, RCL accepts attained loyalty status from Celebrity, and X accepts the same from RCL.

Maybe it's a new thing within Carnival Corp.

Harvey

The only cross-honoring I've experienced is on Holland America, and it isn't a lot. If you have sailed with another Carnival brand, you start out on HAL as a one-star Mariner, which is supposed to get you into the embarkation day luncheon and the Mariner's brunch. (Availability varies from ship to ship).

Princess didn't give us anything for our Cunard status.

I sailed with Cunard several times, then sailed with Princess. My World Club number was then used as my Princess Captain's Circle number - so Cunard and Princess are definitely linked, but no benefits were transferred. (I did get the benefit mentioned by 3rdGenCunarder on my first Holland America cruise.)

@Mattswiss - glad to read you got a little bonus for your voyage! I'm sure you will enjoy QM2 and the Queens Grill. You'll be crossing the Atlantic in grands style! Regards, -S.

They asked him for the platinum membership number. It also shows on the confirmation. It is definitely applied.

Well, then my guess was incorrect and I consider your situation very good news.

Maybe, Cunard (or Carnival) is making some positive changes.

I applaud the idea that there be status recognition for cruises within the Carnival family of cruise lines.

My hubby will take me next year on a transatlantic from New York to Southampton for our silver wedding anniversary. When he called, we are platinum members with Princess, he mentioned our loyalty level and the nice lady gave him 100$ per person off the fare, $200 shipboard credit, free gratuities and only $300 deposit.

So, I am not sure this was a bonus because he booked us into the queens grill or because we are loyal to the company. We'll it is always worth asking and of course he got a big kiss from me.

Can not wait..;)

I think you would only get these great offers if you live in the U.S.A.

Thanks Salacia, we were very surprised about the deal.

You're welcome. Please let us know about your voyage when you return. I've only experienced suite accommodations once (on the Caribbean Princess) and it was most memorable; the suite was excellent and service was not only professional but also personable. I wish you that and more on your QM2 anniversary celebration. :) Cheers, -S.

Princess except loyalty from P&O. I am an Elite member of Princess and some of my points came from past cruises on P&O. Although P&O do not take points earned from Princess. I have never thought to ask about them with Cunard, there again I have been a diamond member with Cunard for along time.

I understand that within the Carnival family you are eligible for past passenger rates on any line but I've never heard about elite status transferring.

The low deposit and included gratuities have been featured in may Cunard promotions this year. I received similar benefits when booking the upcoming Christmas cruise.

Not being dismissive but having booked a Queens Grill cabin for a TA I don't think that 100$ per person off the fare, $200 shipboard credit, free gratuities and only $300 deposit is such a great deal when compared to the fare paid. And I don't think that Platinum membership had much influence.

Edited by capnpugwash

Cunard and Princess do share the same database so if your military service is registered on one it will show up on the other. They both have very generous military benefits.

Other than that, there is no carry over between the two lines. It sounds like the OP just booked at a time when they were running specials.

We just booked a smoking deal in a balcony to Russia. The fare we got was half the price of the fare shown on the Cunard site, plus we each got $150 OBC, over and above the $250 Military OBC that we each received. and the $250 Stockkholders Credit. We're happy.

I think we already had the good luck in finding a flash sale at more than 50% less than the currently posted Cunard price. Kaching! Both of our currently booked cruises on Cunard where booked at less than half the posted price.

We're happy. :D

I think we already had the good luck in finding a flash sale at more than 50% less than the currently posted Cunard price. Kaching! Both of our currently booked cruises on Cunard where booked at less than half the posted price.

We're happy. :D

That's nice.

Nothing like a bargain. Russia at half the price - who could resist. :cool: