Getaway and Balcony

I don't think there are any larger balcony room options across from the studios. If you look at the deck 10 and 11 plans, you'll see there are balconies with a little angle (next to where the mini suites start). They have a little bigger balcony (at no extra cost!), but the room itself is no bigger. However, they are not directly across from studios.

I am looking to book a balcony with a studio across the hall. Are there any balconies that are a little larger?? We will have 3 people and 31-35 sq ft sounds awfully small. Any other suggestions ??

Only way to get a larger balcony is to get an aft cabin or a "large" balcony stateroom. Check the floor plans. You might be able to get a aft balcony or large balcony on the same floor as a studio, but I doubt it will be across the hall.

I am looking to book a balcony with a studio across the hall. Are there any balconies that are a little larger?? We will have 3 people and 31-35 sq ft sounds awfully small. Any other suggestions ??

The angled ones are slightly larger. In all honesty, they still looked really cramped to me. We had a large balcony cabin (B6) on Deck 9. If it's not too much of a price difference, I'd definitely book that. If not, then get the angeled. It will give you 4 more sq. ft. Not much extra balcony space at all, but at least it's something!

Edited by SissasMomE

We were just on the Getaway in a balcony on deck 11 April 12 across from the studios. We slept thru the meet and greet so I missed meeting SissasmomE :( maybe next time.

The balcony was small in our forward cabin. My 14 yr old 6 ft 4in son had to sit sideways or his knees hit the plexiglass.

The studios are behind a locked door. The individual rooms do not open into the main hallway. So I guess you are not really across the hallway but you will be close

We were just on the Getaway in a balcony on deck 11 April 12 across from the studios. We slept thru the meet and greet so I missed meeting SissasmomE :( maybe next time.

The balcony was small in our forward cabin. My 14 yr old 6 ft 4in son had to sit sideways or his knees hit the plexiglass.

The studios are behind a locked door. The individual rooms do not open into the main hallway. So I guess you are not really across the hallway but you will be close

We never go to the meet and greets. Well, I take that back. We did go one year. I always try to arrange a meet up on night one of the cruise, as everyone is usually busy on the first sea day. In any event, maybe next time, and I hope you had a great cruise!

If we are able to book the balcony with the angle - B6 and got the closest studio - can you tell me how much of a distance that is ? Thanks again

The B6 is the "large balcony" category and they have a lot bigger balcony.

They are all forward on deck 9. The studios are on decks 10 and 11, forward of the nearest stairway to the B6's. Therefore you would have a shortish walk to the stairs, up one or two levels and then a shorter walk to the studios. Not too bad.

Thanks for the help. Can you explain a little more about the studios - how they work - it looks like a regular aisle to me ??

The studio cabins are designed for solo cruisers. They have their own area of the ship that requires a key card for access and includes a lounge. They are a little smaller than a inside room but not that much.

There are four BX cabins located on deck 8, two on each side, that have 130 sq ft balconies... They are however as far forward as you can get and still be on the side of the ship. Look at cabin 8712 as a reference.